Please note:Dome ports, extension rings, lens gears and other accessories for this model are not included and are sold separately. Please refer to the 'What's included' section at the bottom of the page for items that are included with this model.
Aquatica Canon 7D Underwater Housing (Optical Fibre Port Bundle)
Digital housing - Aqua Viewfinder Bundle with Optical Fibre Port (Sea & Sea + INON type)
- Aqua viewfinder
- Aquatica Canon 7D housing
- Dual Optical Fibre Ports
The Aquatica 7D housing, introduced in November 2009, is a testament to aquatica's ongoing commitment to get quality products available not only fast to the users, but at a reasonable pricing as well, Aquatica is proud to announce its latest addition, a housing for the new Canon 7D. With an 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and 1080p HD video recording with manual controls, this camera/housing combination is the ultimate refinement of underwater imaging at the moment. Being introduced on Aquatica housings for Canon is the options of Optical Fiber and/or regular Nikonos and Ikelite bulkhead connectors to take full advantage of the newer technologies available in underwater strobes on the market today. This light weight housing is machined from solid aluminum, now with aquatica's new 5 axis machining center they are able to reduce weight like never before. It is then treated and anodized to military specification, then painted and baked with a robust weather and wear resistant powder coating, this housing maybe light but will still benefit from the same 300 ft. + depth rating that has set aquatica apart from other competitors for so long.
The 7D housing is designed for hands on the grips operation when shooting in either photography or video recording mode.
The Aquatica 7D housing features easy access to the vital video function controls while retaining its ease of operation for still imaging, it has the same mounting bayonet that will accept aquatica's existing accessories as well as ports, including their tack sharp Megadome, Aqua View finder and remote control cord, aquatica have now a tool for fulfilling the needs of the most exigent underwater imaging individual.
Also, the Aquatica A7D housing features a retractable lens release lever that pulls out of the way so that the entire camera with lens and zoom/focus gear attached can be pulled out for battery or memory card replacement, no need to remove the dome port, remove the lens and then remove the camera. If you only need to change lens and port, then use the intended lens release. There is no need to completely open the housing and remove the camera in order to change your lens.
- Optical Fiber Strobe Connectors (NEW): This Aquatica housing introduces the optical fiber connection to our line up of housings. Options include Optical ports for both Sea & Sea tm or INON tm type connectors, as well, traditional methods of connecting strobes via the Nikonos tm or Ikelite tm standard connectors are retained, it in essence, make this housing the most flexible in the industry as far as connectivity to underwater strobes
- Bayonet Port: Positive four point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180 degrees fisheye lens to a 200mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available.
- Menus: Buttons have been angled 20 degrees and extended when needed for better ergonomic, knob are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves
- Hydrophone : available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes
- Controls: Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, Meter positioning and focus control, AF activation and lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release: A lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Remote Control Grip:available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes
- Viewing Eye Piece: The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. In this aspect our housing uses a viewfinder that show the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters (upgradeable on request to 425ft/130 meters)
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. This light weight housing is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls including the video activating controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
The recommended servicing procedures of the products are outlined in the manuals supplied with the product. The outside of the housings and the accessories should be rinsed in fresh water after every dive. The handles should be removed after use otherwise if they remain attached to the housing for any length of time they may bind to the housing and be extremely difficult to remove. We suggest that the main O rings be lubricated regularly and all of the O rings be checked annually.
Grips, (left and right hand)
Hexagonal head bolts (2)
Hexagonal (Allen) key
Spare main O-ring
Container of O-ring lubricant
Aqua view finder