Please note:Dome ports, extension rings, lens gears and other accessories for this model are not included and are sold separately. Please refer to the 'What's included' section at the bottom of the page for items that are included with this model.
Aquatica Nikon D300s Underwater Housing
Aquatica for Nikon D300s with 1x Nikonos type connector and 1x optical fiber port (Sea & Sea + INON type)
Aquatica is proud to announce its latest addition, a housing for the new Nikon D300s, with 12.3 mega pixels and HD video this camera/housing combination bring the underwater imaging to another level. Introduced with this Aquatica housing is the options of Optical Fibre and/or regular Nikonos and Ikelite bulkhead connectors to take full advantage of the newer underwater strobes on the market and accessing TTL on your Nikon D300s is now a breeze. The shell is machined from solid aluminum, treated and anodized to military specification, then painted with a robust weather and wear resistant finish, this addition to aquatica's already wide selection of housings will benefit from the same 300 ft. + depth rating that has set them apart from other competitors for so long.
The D300s housing features easy access to the vital video function controls while retaining its ease of operation for still imaging, it has the same mounting bayonet that will accept aquatica's existing accessories as well as ports, including our tack sharp Megadome, Aqua View finder and remote control cord, it is therefore in a position to address every aspect of this demanding activity that is underwater imaging.
- Optical Fibre Strobe Connectors: (NEW) This Aquatica housing introduces the optical fibre connection to our line up of housings. Options include Optical ports for both Sea & Sea tm or INON tm type connectors, as well, traditional methods of connecting strobes via the Nikonos tm or Ikelite tm standard connectors are retained, it in essence, make this housing the most flexible in the industry as far as connectivity to underwater strobes
- Bayonet Port: Positive four point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm 180 degrees fisheye lens to a 180mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available.
- Menus: Buttons have been angled 20 degrees and extended when needed for better ergonomic, knob are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves
- Hydrophone: available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes
- Controls: Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, Meter positioning and focus control, AF-ON activation and AE-AF lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release: A lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Remote Control Grip: available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes
- Viewing Eye Piece: The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. In this aspect our housing uses a viewfinder that show the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters (upgradeable on request to 425ft/130 meters)
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. This light weight housing is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls including the video activating controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
- Weight: 3.29 Kg / 7.25 Lbs
- Dimension: (with grip attached) W 35.6cm x H 20.25cm x D15.25cm / W 14” x H 8” x D 6”
- Dimension (without grip) 24.1cm x H 20.25cm x D15.25cm / W 9.5” x H 8” x D
The recommended servicing of the products are outlined in the manuals supplied with the product. The outside of the housings and the accessories should be rinsed in fresh water after every dive. The handles should be removed after use otherwise if they remain attached to the housing for any length of time they may bind to the housing and be extremely difficult to remove. We suggest that the main O rings be lubricated regularly and all of the O rings be checked annually.
Grips, (left and right hand)
Hexagonal head bolts (2)
Hexagonal (Allen) key
Spare main O-ring
Container of O-ring lubricant