Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One Super UD Element, Two UD Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Super Spectra and Fluorine Coatings
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #11072
- SKU: EF2470LIIU
Spanning a popular and versatile range of focal lengths, the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM is a Canon L-series zoom commonly thought of as the workhorse of lenses. Ranging from wide-angle to portrait length, this lens is also distinguished by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions and to afford greater control over depth of field. The lens is also characterised by its sophisticated optical design, which includes one Super UD element and two UD elements, which reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to realise a high degree of colour accuracy and clarity. Three aspherical elements are also featured, and minimise distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness. Additionally, a Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to control flare and ghosting for high contrast and neutral colour fidelity.
Balancing the refined optics, this 24-70mm f/2.8 also sports a ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism to enable quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed and has a protective fluorine coating on the exposed elements for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Standard zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 38.4-112 mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One Super Ultra-Low Dispersion element and two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and colour fidelity.
- Three aspherical elements minimise spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing design, optimised focusing algorithms, and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Protective fluorine coating has been applied to the front and rear element to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning these elements significantly easier.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Zoom lock lever secures the zoom position at the wide end to maintain a compact form factor and protect the lens when not in use.
|Focal Length||24 - 70mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||84° - 34°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||38 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.76|
|Elements/Groups||18 / 13|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 88.5 x 113 mm|