- Canon EF-S Lens Mount
- 88-400mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Ultra-Low Dispersion Element
- Optical Image Stabiliser
- STM AF Stepping Motor
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #36811
- SKU: 8546B002
The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens is a long-reaching zoom lens that provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 88-400mm, covering portrait-length to telephoto perspectives to suit working with distant subject matter. Greatly benefitting this lens' reach is the incorporation of image stabilisation, which works to minimise the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 shutter speed steps to support handheld use in low-light conditions.
An STM stepping focus motor is also integrated into the lens' design to provide smooth, quiet, and fast focusing performance that is ideally-suited to video applications as well as tracking moving subjects. The rear focusing system, high-speed CPU, and an enhanced AF algorithm also contribute to quickened overall AF speeds. Full-time manual focus is also supported to permit fine-tuning of focus even while working in AF modes. Additionally, the front lens section does not rotate during focusing to better facilitate the use of polarising filters.
The optical construction of the lens employs one ultra-low dispersion glass element to help reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also enhancing contrast and clarity. Optimised lens coatings have also been applied to ensure colour fidelity by countering the effects of lens flare and ghosting.
- Long-reaching zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 88-400mm, covering portrait-length to telephoto perspectives.
- Optical image stabilisation helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- The STM stepping focus motor produces near-silent, smooth, and quick autofocus performance that is well-suited to video applications.
- One ultra-low dispersion element helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion while also contributing to greater image sharpness, contrast, and clarity.
- Enhanced lens coatings minimise flare and ghosting in order to produce true colours with maintained contrast.
- A minimum focusing distance of 0.85 m throughout the zoom range and a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end enables working with close-up subject matter.
- A seven blade circular aperture helps to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field imagery.
|Focal Length||55 - 250mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 88 - 400 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4 - 5.6|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S|
|Format Compatibility||Canon (APS-C)|
|Angle of View||27° 50' - 6° 15'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||85 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3.45|
|Elements/Groups||15 / 12|
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 70 x 111.2 mm|