The AM1M-A Micro-ATX Motherboard from ASUS supports AMD AM1 socketed processors with integrated graphics for building an entry level desktop PC. This motherboard uses AMD Athlon or Sempron series Accelerated Processing Units. These APUs combine dual or quad-core processing power with Radeon graphics that offers 50% faster speeds compared to the previous generation of AMD APUs. This motherboard features DVI and VGA ports for 1080p resolutions and 4K video support via HDMI. ASUS also features 5X protection that provides stability and reliability for your PC by including a voltage regulator module, 5K solid-state capacitors, ESD guards, and more.
The motherboard comes with one PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot that supports a dedicated graphics card. Two PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots are also offered for adding additional hardware such as a TV tuner or other ports not available on the motherboard. You may add up to 32GB of RAM across 2 memory slots to run multiple applications at the same time. For connecting to optical and storage drives, two SATA III connectors are available and allow for data transfers up to 6 Gb/s. Two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports are located on the back I/O for connecting to other peripherals. These USB 3.0 ports also support USB Attached SCSI Protocol in Windows 8 and 8.1 that boost transmission speeds up to 170%. For audio and networking needs, the motherboard is built with the Realtek Audio ALC887 and the Realtek 8111GR LAN controller. Included with the AM1M-A motherboard are a driver disk, SATA cables, and an I/O shield.
AMD SoC Athlon and Sempron Series APUs
- This motherboard supports both dual and quad-core AMD Athlon and Sempron system-on-a-chip APUs integrating Radeon HD graphics and support for HD video playback. This Accelerated Processing Unit combines processing power, Microsoft DirectX 11.1 graphics, and Fusion controller hubs in one small, efficient package. This SoC APU supports single-channel DDR3 1600/1333 memory, SATA 6 Gbit/s, and USB 3.0 natively. AMD Athlon/Sempron APUs feature multi-core x86 SoC with an AM1 Series socket solution for entry-level desktops, improving performance by over 50 percent compared to the previous 'Brazos 2.0' generation of AMD APUs.
- Voltage regulator modules are among the most essential motherboard components. The VRM intelligently delivers APU power based on actual needs at any given time. ASUS has created a digital power design featuring faster sensing and response, to deliver precise APU power on demand. This reduces energy waste and improves system stability thanks to more consistent delivery.
Enhanced DRAM Overcurrent Protection
- Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM, to safeguard system and device lifespan.
- ASUS ESD Guards offer an active protective circuit design that ensures electrostatic discharges are properly grounded, providing greater component longevity.
5K-Hour Solid-State Capacitors
- These solid-state capacitors assure a 5,000-hour lifespan, equivalent to 2.5 times longer than traditional capacitors. All capacitors pass testing under temperatures as high as 105 degrees centigrade and meet Japanese industrial standards to provide greater durability and enhanced thermal capacity.
Stainless Steel Back I/O
- Back I/O panels are made from strong and corrosion-resistant stainless steel, which is bonded with a thin layer of chromium oxide to enhance anti-corrosive properties. Passing 72-hour spray salt endurance tests, ASUS stainless steel back I/O panels have a usage life three times longer compared to ordinary panels.
- UEFI BIOS from ASUS provides a mouse-controlled graphical BIOS. It features more intuitive functions to quickly take you to your favourite BIOS pages and frequently accessed settings through custom shortcuts. You can even write quick notes in-BIOS for future reference, view an activity log of setting changes and modifications, and rename SATA ports.
- Fast Clock Adjustment: Change the time and date in EZ Mode using the mouse.
- EZ D.O.C.P Settings: D.O.C.P is a profile setting created by ASUS. Set to D.O.C.P in UEFI BIOS EZ Mode for better DRAM performance.
- EZ Fan Setting: Detailed fan controls are offered in EZ Mode, so you can switch fan profiles for quick cooling and noise-level supervision.
- SATA Information: Each SATA port has details displayed, so you can easily recognise devices.
USB 3.0 Boost (UASP Support)
- ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol in Windows 8.1/8. With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device's transmission speed is increased up to 170%, adding to already fast USB 3.0 performance. ASUS software automatically accelerates data rates for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without any user interaction.
- Complete USB 3.0 Solution: Performance boost under Turbo Mode or UASP Mode for most USB devices.
- Simple Plug and Boost: Auto detection design ensures best performance.
- Double USB 3.0 Access: ASUS provides USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panel. USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
SATA III Ports
- ASUS provides SATA III 6.0 Gb/s ports with enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval, and double the bandwidth of SATA II 3Gb/s.
- Press the Q-Slot clip lightly, and the graphics card pops out. The large winged clip is easily reachable, so you don't have to struggle with installing or removing the biggest graphics card.
AI Suite 3
- ASUS AI Suite 3 offers a clearer and more attractive interface with support for larger monitors. It consolidates all ASUS features into one simple-to-use package, allowing you to supervise overclocking, energy consumption, fan speeds, voltages and more. This all-in-one app offers diverse and easy-to-use functionality, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
- Tap into the real-time PC power saving chip through the AI Suite 3 utility. Get system-wide energy optimisation by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderates power consumption. You can manually switch it to Away Mode, so you can download and stream content or backup data when away from your PC, which minimises power draw to save money, creating a more efficient PC.
- ASUS Fan Xpert allows you to adjust CPU and case fan speeds according to different ambient temperatures in diverse climate conditions and locations, as well as actual PC loading. Various preset fan performance profiles offer flexible fan speed controls to achieve a quiet and cool environment.
- CrashFree BIOS 3: Allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash drive or support CD containing a BIOS file. This utility saves you the cost and hassle of buying a replacement BIOS chip.
EZ Flash 2: Update your BIOS using an USB flash drive.
4K HDMI Support
- This motherboard offers native 4K support with a GPU that can provide 4K resolutions via an HDMI port.
- Motherboards are EU Energy-related Products ready, which requires products meet high efficiency standards with regards to energy consumption. This is in line with the ASUS vision of creating environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient products through design and innovation that reduce the carbon footprint of products and thus mitigate ecological impact.
- Drivers ASUS utilities ASUS update
|CPU Support||AMD Socket AM1 Athlon/Sempron Processors |
Supports CPU up to 4 cores
|BIOS||64Mb Flash ROM |
UEFI AMI BIOS
SM BIOS 2.5
ASUS EZ Flash 2
ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
Last Modified Log
F3 Shortcut Functions
ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) Memory Information
|Memory||RAM Slots |
2 x DIMM
1333 MHz DDR3
1600 MHz DDR3
Single channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Supports AMD Memory Profile (AMP) memory
The Max. 32GB memory capacity can be supported with DIMMs of 16GB (or above). ASUS will update QVL once the DIMMs are available on the market
Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs
Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognise less than 3GB. Instal a 64-bit Windows OS when you want to instal 4GB or more memory on the motherboard
|Graphics||Integrated AMD Radeon R Series Graphics in the APU |
Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI/RGB ports
* Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
* Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
* Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode) |
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
|Storage||AMD Sempron & Athlon-Series APUs |
2 x SATA 6Gb/s ports, yellow
|Audio||Realtek ALC887-VD 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC |
Supports: Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
|LAN||Realtek 8111GR |
1 x Gigabit LAN Controller
|Internal I/O Connectors||2 x USB 2.0 connectors support additional 4 USB 2.0 ports |
1 x USB 3.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports
1 x TPM header
1 x COM ports connector
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU Fan connectors
1 x Chassis Fan connector
1 x S/PDIF out header
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 x Parallel port connector
1 x Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
1 x Internal speaker connector
1 x System panel
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo |
1 x DVI
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port
2 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0
3 x Audio jacks
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1 32/64-bit |
Windows 8 32/64-bit
Windows 7 32/64-bit
Windows XP 32-bit
|Dimensions||8.9 x 6.7" / 22.6 x 17.0 cm|