The ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 ATX Motherboard features an Intel LGA 2011-v3 socket to let you build a computer system using an Intel Core i7 processor. To keep up with the fast CPU, it supports up to 8 sticks of DDR4 memory modules that write and read faster as well as use less energy when compared to DDR3 RAM. For creating storage capacity, this motherboard has eight SATA 6 Gb/s connectors and can also accept storage drives with a SATA Express or a M.2 interface.
When equipped with a 40-lane processor, this motherboard provides five PCIe 3.0 x16 slots that can handle up to four graphics cards linked using SLI or CrossFireX technology. This motherboard allows the system to access a network wirelessly at a transfer rate up to 1300 Mb/s with 3x3 2.4/5 GHz antennas and 802.11ac. For a reliable and lag free network connection, it comes with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be linked with teaming technology. The ATX form factor motherboard has 10 x USB 3.0 ports, 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 5 x audio jacks, and 1 x S/PDIF out port. In addition to the USB ports, ASUS includes a USB 3.1 PCIe card that provides two USB Type-A ports that transfer data up to 10 Gb/s.
CPU and DDR4 Performance
- The ASUS OC Socket is compatible with Haswell-E LGA 2011-v3 CPUs and utilises extra pins for connecting a proprietary circuit to Haswell-E's land grid array (LGA). Combined with a customised UEFI, this feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies, and enhanced stability when overclocking. This socket provides overclocking performance with the Haswell-E LGA 2011-v3 CPUs.
Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
- The cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 memory controllers, System Agent, and the L3 cache. The ASUS OC Socket lets you adjust the cache bus voltage so the system can reach higher cache bus frequencies that provide faster sub-system performance.
Faster Memory Support
- This motherboard supports DDR4 memory and memory frequencies up to 3200 MHz. With ASUS's T-Topolgy circuit design and OC Socket, the full power of DDR4 memory is unleashed by minimising coupling noise and signal reflection. Additionally, the RAM slots are positioned to deliver balanced control and overclocking compatibility. When compared to DDR3 RAM, DDR4 memory modules can deliver twice the write and read speeds as well as use 20% less power.
ASUS 5-Way Optimisation
- The X99 motherboard dynamically optimises essential aspects of your system based on real-time use to provide CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, and quiet fans. It even adjusts the networking and audio settings for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimisation ensures that your PC is suitable for gaming, entertainment, productivity, or just about anything else.
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritised bandwidth, and clear sound
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing and ensure cooling efficiency when gaming
- Helps prevent stutter when running professional apps and heavy loading
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money
Turbo Processor Unit
- Increase the system's performance by using the two-phase on-board switch or the AI Suite 3 utility software. The Turbo Processor Unit offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and graphics card, enabling you to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimised performance and exploit the potential out of your graphics card.
Energy Processing Unit
- This processing unit automatically detects and adjusts the power consumption based upon the system's needs. It can reduce the CPU wattage to an indicated level or even provide more savings with Away Mode, which creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and reduces the power level in graphics cards.
Fan Xpert 3
- Fan Xpert 3 Fan puts the 4-pin/3-pin CPU and case fan controls in one place. It scans each fan's characteristics and delivers custom settings for each fan based on the dedicated area temperatures detected by hardware thermal sensors. This allows every fan to achieve the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. Fan Xpert 3 supports hardware-level PWM/DC combo mode for both the CPU and case fans. It even can reduce the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet and power saving operation during light loads.
DIGI+ Power Control
- Power control is an essential motherboard design. ASUS DIGI+ Power Control fully complies with Intel's VRD12.5 specifications to increase overclocking potential, enhance system stability, and improve power efficiency with flexibility and accurate control.
- Gamers and professionals can benefit with the ASUS Turbo App. It offers a tuning panel that boosts your hardware by overclocking your CPU, tuning your fans, prioritising network data, and optimising audio settings automatically.
Fan Extension Card
- This card lets you connect up to three extra fans for a maximum of nine fans (including 2 CPU fans and 7 case fans). Each fan can be controlled independently from either the UEFI BIOS or AI Suite 3 by providing it with up to 12W. This helps you build a water cooled or extreme airflow high performance system.
3x3 (3T3R) 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- This motherboard offers 802.11ac Wi-Fi and includes 3x3 dual-band 2.4/5 GHz antennas that can transfer data up to 1300 Mb/s.
- The mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved that lets a PC novice or seasoned overclocker to find controls and menus quickly and easily. Map to MyFavorite: Quickly find tune options and add preferred tools to the MyFavorites list EZ Tuning Wizard - OC and RAID: Select your hardware and use scenarios to tune system performance or streamline the RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups EZ XMP: Improve the DRAM performance with a click Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans by dragging a curve with the mouse Real-time Hardware Monitor: Benefit from instant information from the critical parts of your system
** EZ Mode ** Fan Profile: Detailed CPU and case fan information for instant cooling SATA Information: Display SATA port details to easily recognise devices Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date
** Advanced Mode ** GPU POST: Find more info about the graphics cards and slot bandwidth allocation Shortcut: Press Enter to create shortcuts to favourite settings or select an existing shortcut and press F4 to go straight there Quick Notes: Make notes and capture BIOS-related ideas quickly and conveniently Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification
USB 3.1 Card
- The included PCIe USB 3.1 Type A expansion card fits in any PCIe x8 or x16 slot to provide the system with two USB 3.1 ports. These ports transfer data at a rate up to 10 Gb/s and the ASUS USB 3.1 Boost utility software can provide even faster transfers.
Evolve Your Storage Speed with SATA Express
- The two SATA Express ports provide up to 10 Gb/s transfer speeds utilising two PCIe 2.0 lanes. Some SSDs transfer data up to 550 MB/s, which is close to the saturation point for SATA 6 Gb/s connections. Backward compatible with up to two SATA drives, SATA Express ensures your system won't be left behind.
- With a PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x4 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speeds. When a M.2 drive is connected to the slot, the system runs faster when the operating system and software programme are installed on the drive.
Crystal Sound 2
- Crystal Sound 2 optimises the audio settings when you're playing a game, chatting, watching movies, or listening to music. The motherboard is equipped with a physical shielding, Japanese-made audio capacitors, and operational amplifiers to provide sound clarity and fidelity.
- Audio Shielding - ensures analogue/digital separation and reduces multilateral interference
- EMI Protection - prevents electrical noise to affect the audio quality
- Audio Amplifier - enhances the sound quality when using a headphone or speakers
- De-pop Circuit - reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs
- Japanese-made Audio Capacitors - provides warm, natural, and immersive sound with clarity and fidelity
- Dedicated Audio PCB Layers - separates layers for the left and right channels guard the quality of sensitive audio signals
- Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology reduces the amount of network lag up to 1.45 times and has an intuitive user interface. It also has an Advanced Mode that offers more controls. An integrated Intel Gigabit Ethernet LAN controller provides high TCP and UDP throughout to reduce the processor's workload. The Intel LAN controller has been tested with IxChariot, an independent network-assessment test tool, to find out game-data packets flow up to two times faster than other gaming LAN technologies.
- This motherboard Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX 2/3/4-way configurations. It has a SLI/CFX switch that lights up LEDs next to the PCIe slots to tell you where to instal the graphics cards when outfitting the system with a 2-way, 3-way, or a 4-way configuration.
- ASUS HomeCloud lets you access your PC remotely, stream multimedia content to wherever you want, and manage all your stuff from anywhere - no matter where it's stored. It even turns your hard drive into private cloud storage, removing worries about storage limits.
- Wi-Fi GO! gives you control of your PC, even when you're away from home. Access your forgotten files on your PC with an Internet connected device while you are in traffic or outside. Plus, there is only one step if you'd like to manage all your public clouds or sync files among your PC and devices in a click.
- CloudGO!: Gather your ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Skydrive accounts in one place and even backup to PC at the same time
- File Transfer: Sync files between your PCs and smart devices with just a click
- Remote Desktop: Easily access and control your PC, virtually anytime and anywhere
- Remote Keyboard and Mouse: Control media playback from the comfort of your bed or couch
Intel Core i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 Ready
- This motherboard supports Intel Core i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel X99 Express Chipset
- The Intel X99 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA2011-v3 Intel Core i7 processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides 6 USB 3.0 ports and 10 SATA 6 Gb/s ports for faster data retrieval.
Contents on Support Disc
- Drivers ASUS Utilities EZ Update Anti-virus software (OEM version)
|CPU||Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 Processors |
Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology
|Memory||8 x DIMM slots |
Max. 64 GB
Supports DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz
Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Quad Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Multi-GPU Support||Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology |
Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
|Expansion Slots||40-Lane CPU|
5 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x16/x16, x16/x16/x8, x8/x8/x16/x8, x8/x8/x8/x8/x8 mode)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x4 (max at x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x16/x8, x8/x8/x8)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x1 mode)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x4 (max at x4 mode)
|Storage||Intel Core i7 Processors |
M.2 Socket 3, with vertical M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (Support PCIE SSD only)
Intel X99 Chipset
1 x SATA Express port, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
8 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports
Supports Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
Intel Rapid Recovery Technology
ASMedia SATA Express Controller
1 x SATA Express port, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
|LAN||Intel I218V, 1 x Gigabit LAN |
Intel I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN
Dual Gigabit LAN controllers - 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
Support Teaming Technology
ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
|Wireless||Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac |
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Utility
Up to 1300 Mbps transfer speed
|Audio||Realtek ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2 |
Supports jack-detection, multi-streaming, front panel jack-retasking
112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
Audio OP AMP
|USB||Intel X99 Chipset |
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 (4 headers at mid-board)
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 (2 at back panel, 4 headers at mid-board)
ASMedia USB 3.0 controller
10 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (10 at back panel, blue)
|Back I/O Ports||2 x LAN (RJ45) ports |
10 x USB 3.0 (blue)
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jacks
1 x USB BIOS Flashback button
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! module (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.0)
|Internal I/O Ports||1 x AAFP connector |
2 x USB 3.0 headers support additional 4 USB 3.0 ports (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 headers support additional 4 USB 2.0 ports
2 x SATA Express connector, gray
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with vertical M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (Support PCIE SSD only)
1 x TPM connector
8 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU Fan connector (4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector (4 -pin)
4 x Chassis Fan connectors (4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header
1 x Thunderbolt header
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 x EZ XMP switch
1 x System panel (Q-Connector)
1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
1 x DRCT header
1 x MemOK! button
1 x Thermal sensor connector
1 x TPU switch
1 x EPU switch
1 x CPU/DRAM overvoltage jumper
1 x Power-on button
1 x Reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
1 x SLI/CFX switch (2/3-WAY adjustments)
|BIOS||128 Mb Flash ROM |
UEFI AMI BIOS
SM BIOS 2.7
ASUS EZ Flash 2
CrashFree BIOS 3
F11 EZ Tuning Wizard
F6 Qfan Control
F3 My Favourites
Last Modified log
F3 Shortcut functions
ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
|Manageability||WfM 2.0, DMI 2.7, WOL by PME, PXE|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows (32/64-bit) 8.1, 8, 7|
|Dimensions||12.0 x 9.6" / 30.5 x 24.4 cm|