Combining as well as optimising all your computer components, the ASUS Z97-DELUXE/USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard features an LGA1150 socket that accepts 4th and 5th generation Intel processors and supports up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM modules. With the 5-Way Optimisation feature, the motherboard provides better system performance by delivering precision power and intelligently controls the fans to ensure everything stays cool, while also offering everyday energy savings. Utilising the motherboard's M.2 or SATA Express connector, which transfers data up to 10 Gb/s, with a high-performance SSD, allows the system run to faster by installing the operating system and frequently used programmes on the drive.
The integrated Intel GPU delivers smooth video streams and high-resolution graphics to a display via the DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D, or VGA port. When more graphics power is needed, this motherboard is outfitted with three PCI Express x16 slots for supporting multiple dedicated graphics cards in either SLI or CrossFireX configurations. In addition, there are four PCIe 2.0 x1 slots. To complete the multimedia experience, Realtek Audio ALC1150 features Crystal Sound 2 technology using Japanese-made capacitors and an amplifier to provide clarity and fidelity when listening to music or movies.
This motherboard has six SATA III 6 Gb/s connectors along with a variety of ports that include two USB 3.1 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, six audio jacks, and one Optical S/PDIF digital audio out port. For network connectivity, it offers two Gigabit Ethernet ports and 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi. Furthermore, Bluetooth 4.0 allows the system to connect wirelessly with external speakers or headsets. Included with the motherboard to help you build your system are a support disc, SATA cables, SLI bridge, Q-Shield, and antennas.
ASUS 5-Way Optimisation
- This motherboard dynamically optimises essential aspects of your system based on real-time use to provide CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, and quiet fans. It even adjusts the networking and audio settings for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimisation ensures that your PC is suitable for gaming, entertainment, productivity, or just about anything else.
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritised bandwidth, and clear sound
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing and ensure cooling efficiency when gaming
- Helps prevent stutter when running professional apps and heavy loading
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money
Turbo Processor Unit
- Increase the system's performance by using the two-phase on-board switch or the AI Suite 3 utility software. The Turbo Processor Unit offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and graphics card, enabling you to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimised performance and exploit the potential out of your graphics card.
Energy Processing Unit
- This processing unit automatically detects and adjusts the power consumption based upon the system's needs. It can reduce the CPU wattage to an indicated level or even provide more savings with Away Mode, which creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and reduces the power level in graphics cards.
Fan Xpert 3
- Fan Xpert 3 Fan puts the 4-pin/3-pin CPU and case fan controls in one place. It scans each fan's characteristics and delivers custom settings for each fan based on the dedicated area temperatures detected by hardware thermal sensors. This allows every fan to achieve the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. Fan Xpert 3 supports hardware-level PWM/DC combo mode for both the CPU and case fans. It even can reduce the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet and power saving operation during light loads.
DIGI+ Power Control
- Power control is an essential motherboard design. ASUS DIGI+ Power Control fully complies with Intel's VRD12.5 specifications to increase overclocking potential, enhance system stability, and improve power efficiency with flexibility and accurate control.
- Gamers and professionals can benefit with the ASUS Turbo App. It offers a tuning panel that boosts your hardware by overclocking your CPU, tuning your fans, prioritising network data, and optimising audio settings.
- The mouse-controlled graphical UEFI BIOS features more intuitive functions to quickly take you to your favourite BIOS pages and frequently accessed settings through custom shortcuts. You can even write quick notes in-BIOS for future reference, view an activity log of setting changes and modifications, and rename SATA ports. EZ Mode
- Fan Profile: Detailed fan information allows you to switch fan speeds for quick cooling
- SATA Information: Each SATA port has details displayed, so you can easily recognise devices
- Fast Clock Adjustment: Change the time and date in EZ Mode using the mouse
- EZ XMP Settings: Improve DRAM performance Advanced Mode
- Shortcut: Customise your own shortcut log by pressing F4 or right clicking to create shortcuts to frequently-used settings
- Quick Note: Create and save notes within the BIOS to help remember important settings and save time on trial and error
- Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive
- SATA Port Renaming: Rename the SATA ports for easy identification
RAM Overclocking Design
- The T-Topology design delivers full load RAM overclocking capability while minimising the coupling noise and signal reflection effect. The memory channels are equidistant to the CPU, providing balanced control over multiple memory modules and enhanced overall memory compatibility.
10 Gb/s Integrated USB 3.1
- This motherboard is built with USB 3.1 Type-A ports that transfer data at a rate up to 10 Gb/s and are backwards compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 devices. With ASUS USB 3.1 Boost utility software, these ports can provide even faster transfers.
SATA Express Support
- SATA Express offers up to 10 Gb/s data-transfer speeds from two PCIE 2.0 lanes. This provides support for devices that require higher bandwidth requests. Some SSDs consume up to 550 MB/s, which is close to saturation point for SATA III 6 Gb/s connections. The SATA Express port is backwards compatible, which can support up to two SATA drives.
- With two native PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 10 Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is suitable for an operating system drive, making your whole PC work that much faster. It supports Intel Rapid Storage Technology to ensure even faster access to data, refresh applications automatically and awake from sleep in just seconds.
Thunderbolt 2 Ready
- With the optional ASUS ThunderboltEX II series add-on card, you can enjoy bi-directional transfer speeds up to 20 Gb/s, which is four times faster than USB 3.0. This card delivers 4K/UHD content to displays while using bandwidth hungry storage devices at the same time.
Crystal Sound 2
- This collection of features delivers audio clarity and fidelity for gaming, chatting, movies, and music. The on-board audio is physically shielded and uses premium Japanese-made audio capacitors along with operational amplifiers. Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analogue/digital separation and reduces multi-lateral interference EMI Cover: Prevents electrical noise to affect the audio quality Audio Amplifier: Enhances the sound quality for headphones and speakers Unique De-pop Circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs Premium Japanese-made Audio Capacitors: Provides warm, natural and immersive sound with clarity and fidelity Special Layout Design: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Reduces the lag up to 1.45x using cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology and offers an intuitive user interface with Advanced Mode for tweaking the settings.
Intel Gigabit Ethernet
- Designed to reduce the processor's workload, the Gigabit Ethernet communicates directly with the CPUs and offers high TCP and UDP throughput.
Up to 2x Faster UDP Game-data Performance
- The Z97 provides up to two times faster game-data packet flow than competing gaming-LAN technologies.
- Offers a multi-GPU choice of either SLI or CrossFireX for increased graphics performance.
- Native support for 4K/UHD (ultra-high-definition) resolutions of up to 4096 x 2160 via HDMI or DisplayPort - that's four times the pixel count of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Supports up to 3 Displays
- Connect up to three independent monitors at once using video outputs such as DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, or VGA. Choose your outputs and set displays to either mirror mode or collage mode.
- ASUS HomeCloud lets you access your PC remotely, stream multimedia content to wherever you want, and manage all your stuff from anywhere - no matter where it's stored. Use the built-in Wake on WAN feature to remotely wake and control your PC with a single smart device. It even turns your hard drive into a private cloud.
- Integrated into the motherboard are 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. This allows you to link your desktop with smart devices to remote control your PC by using an app. 802.11ac provides speeds up to 867 Mb/s. Cloud GO!: Gather your ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Skydrive accounts in one place and even backup to PC at the same time Remote Desktop: Easily access and control your PC, anytime and anywhere File Transfer: Sync files between your PCs and smart devices with just a click Remote Keyboard & Mouse: Control media playback from your sofa
- Share HD content, music, and photos from your PC to your Wi-Fi capable HDTV.
ASUS Compatibility and Customisation
- ASUS offers compatibility with more than 1,000 components and devices with this motherboard. They include Q-design features that simplify and speed up the PC building process. When all the components are installed, ASUS AI Suite 3 monitors and allows you to adjust the systems settings for extra performance. You can monitor the status of your computer when on the go with ASUS Push Notice. In addition, ASUS provides one USB BIOS port to update the motherboard's BIOS without a CPU installed.
Intel LGA1150 Core Processor Ready
- This motherboard supports Intel 4th and 5th Generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1150 package, with iGPU, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel Z97 Express Chipset
- The Intel Z97 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports Intel LGA1150 4th and 5th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z97 provides a maximum six USB 3.0 ports, six SATA III 6Gb/s ports and a 10Gb/s M.2 support for faster data retrieval. Moreover, the Intel Z97 Express Chipset also supports iGPU functions, letting you enjoy Intel integrated graphics performance.
Intel Smart Response Technology SSD speed with HDD capacity
- Uses an installed fast SSD (min 18.6GB available capacity required) as a cache for frequently-accessed data. Key benefits include reduced load and wait times, and lower power consumption through the elimination of unnecessary hard drive spin. This technology combines SSD performance with hard drive capacity, operating up to 6X faster than a hard drive-only system.
Intel Smart Connect Technology
- Your computer can receive web updates with fresh content for selected applications, even when the system is in sleep mode. This means less time waiting for applications to update and sync with the cloud, leading to a more efficient computing experience.
Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Allows your computer to quickly resume from a low-power hibernate state in seconds. Saving your system memory to the designated SSD, it provides your computer a faster wake-up response time, while still keeping energy use low.
- Drivers ASUS Utilities EZ Update Anti-virus software (OEM version)
|CPU||Intel Socket 1150 for the 5th/New 4th/4th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors |
Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology
|Memory||4 x DIMM slots |
Max. 32 GB
Supports DDR3 3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3100(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2500(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz
Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Multi-GPU Support||Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology |
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
|Expansion Slots||2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) |
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
4 x PCIe 2.0 x1
|Storage||Intel Z97 Chipset |
1 x SATA Express port, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
4 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports, gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel Smart Response Technology, Intel Rapid Start Technology, Intel Smart Connect Technology
ASMedia SATA Express Controller
1 x SATA Express port with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
ASMedia PCIe SATA Controller
2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports, black with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
|LAN||Intel I218V1 x Gigabit LAN Dual interconnect between the Integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) |
Intel I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller
Gigabit Intel LAN Connection- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
|Wireless||Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac |
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Utility
|Audio||Realtek ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2 |
Supports jack-detection, multi-streaming, front panel jack-retasking
112 dB SNR stereo playback output and 104 dB SNR stereo recording input
|USB||Intel Z97 Chipset |
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 (4 at back panel, blue)
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 (4 at back panel, , 4 headers at mid-board)
ASMedia USB 3.1 controller
2 x USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 ports (2 at back panel, teal blue)
ASMedia USB 3.0 controller
4 x USB (4 headers at mid-board)
|Back I/O Ports||1 x DisplayPort |
1 x Mini DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
2 x LAN (RJ45) ports
2 x USB 3.1 (teal blue)
4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
6 x Audio jacks
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! module (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.0)
|Internal I/O Ports||2 x USB 3.0 headers support additional 4 USB 3.0 ports (19-pin) |
2 x USB 2.0 headers support additional 4 USB 2.0 ports
2 x SATA Express connectors, black, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key, type 2260/2280 devices
1 x TPM header
6 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU Fan connector (4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector (4 -pin)
4 x Chassis Fan connectors (4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header
1 x Thunderbolt header
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 x EZ XMP switch
1 x Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
1 x System panel (Q-Connector)
1 x DRCT header
1 x MemOK! button
1 x TPU switch
1 x EPU switch
1 x Power-on button
1 x Reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x USB BIOS Flashback button
|BIOS||64 Mb Flash ROM |
UEFI AMI BIOS
SM BIOS 2.8
ASUS EZ Flash 2
CrashFree BIOS 3
F11 EZ Tuning Wizard
F6 Qfan Control
F3 My Favourites
Last Modified log
F3 Shortcut functions
ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
|Manageability||WfM 2.0, DMI 2.7, WOL by PME, PXE|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 8.1, 8, 7|
|Dimensions||12.0 x 9.6" / 30.5 x 24.4 cm|