The Gigabyte AMD 900 Series GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard is designed to offer a stable, high-speed platform via the GIGABYTE 333 onboard acceleration technologies. Utilising Serial ATA Revision 3.0 solution via AMD SB950 chipset, this motherboard offers native 6 ports of high speed data storage devices support with data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gb/s with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10.
The AMD 900 series motherboard features the USB3.0 controller for data transfer rates of up to 5 Gb/s. it is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports. The onboard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology allows you to perform power management features that include increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate power-hungry devices. The hardware features low resistance fuses for ensuring lower voltage drops and providing more stable power delivery. The motherboard’s On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode, or even off.
The motherboard supports 32nm AMD AM3+ multi-core processors, delivering an optimum platform for multitasking, multimedia, and high performance gaming. It also features Split Power Plane, 8+2 phase VRM to support 45nm AM3 PhenomII series processors. Flexible graphics capabilities of this motherboard allows you to use up to 2 VGA cards for either 2 way CrossFireX or 2 way SLI action for delivering high frame rates without compromising on resolution.
The AMD OverDrive utility offers high-end users the ability to maximise the capability, flexibility, and adjustability of the platforms utilising AMD processors, sockets, and chipsets. Delivering native support for DDR3 memory up to 2000 MHz, it allows users to easily reach higher memory frequencies at lower voltages, achieving higher memory performance with lower power consumption to run memory intensive applications such as high-definition video and 3D games with ease. The motherboard also features 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) playback quality to deliver high-performance, multi-channel HD audio.
Touch BIOS feature offers simple and more intuitive user experience. It also allows use with a touch screen monitor (not included). The motherboard also features DualBIOS 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology) that offers compatibility with 3rd party products. It also allows you to quickly and easily perform BIOS updates using GigaByte's @BIOS utility that can be downloaded from the GigaByte website. DualBIOS technology automatically recovers BIOS data when the main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, DualBIOS allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating. In addition, GIGABYTE DualBIOS now supports 3TB+ (terabyte) hard drive booting without the need for partitioning, and enables more data storage on a single hard drive.
The motherboard features the Turbo XHD that provides a quick and easy way to boost your hard drive performance. Turbo XHD is automatically enabled when the system detects 2 new SATA3 HDDs and allows you to effortlessly set up a RAID 0/Strip configuration. The motherboard uses 2 ounces of copper for both power and ground layers that offer low system temperature operations, improved energy efficiency, and enhanced stability for overclocking. It is equipped with the GigaByte Ultra Durable signature that includes Japanese solid capacitors for an operational life time of more than 50,000 hours.
Please update the latest version of BIOS from GIGABYTE website and VGA driver from vendor's website.
Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
Turbo XHD function only enabled for the SATA3 ports provided by AMD SB950/SB850 Chipset.
- Supports AMD AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom II series processors
- Advanced 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design for AMD high-TDP CPU support
- 4 PCI-E 2.0 interfaces for 2way AMD CrossFireX and SLI multi-graphics support 1
Please Note:Please update the latest version of BIOS from GIGABYTE website and VGA driver from vendor's website. close * AMD SB950 provides 6 native SATA3 ports with superfast 6 Gb/s link speed and RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support
- Supports USB 3.0 with transfer rates of up to 5 Gb/s
- 3x USB power with On/Off charge USB ports 2
Please Note:Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model. close * USB power design allows efficient regulation of output over the full voltage range, which greatly enhances USB device compatibility
- Dedicated lower resistance fuses ensure lower voltage drops, and provide more stable and plentiful power delivery
- Supports @BIOS, Q-Flash, Xpress BIOS Rescue, Download Centre, Xpress Instal, Xpress Recovery2, EasyTune, Easy Energy Saver, Smart Recovery, Auto Green, ON/OFF Charge, Cloud OC, 3TB+ Unlock, and Q-Share
- Equipped with Ultra Durable signature that features Japanese solid capacitors for an operational life time of more than 50,000 hours
- Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
- Turbo XHD technology for accelerating hard drive performance with ease 3
Please Note:Turbo XHD function only enabled for the SATA3 ports provided by AMD SB950/SB850 Chipset. close * Hi-def 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for Blu-ray DVD audio playback
- Patented DualBIOS with Hybrid EFI technology for 3TB HDD support
- Supports Dolby Home Theatre audio
- Easy Energy Saver feature allows dynamic adjustment of CPU power depending on workload, delivering just the right amount of power needed for the task
- EasyTune6 for managing and monitoring your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance
- Two external SATA (eSATA) ports on rear panel provides smart setup and hot-plug functionality for easier data backup and content manipulation on external storage devices
- Cloud OC overclocking application facilitates PC overclocking through any web browsing capable device such as a smart phone, iPad, iPhone, Netbooks or notebook PC
- Cloud OC being browser based connects via wireless Internet, Bluetooth, or through an Ethernet cable and offers many functions that are categorised into three tabs, Tuner, System Info, and Control
- AutoGreen technology can automatically save power by simply putting your PC in a state of sleep when your Bluetooth cell phone is out of range of your computer
- Dolby Home Theatre support helps delivers vivid surround sound for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones
- Includes Norton Internet Security
- ErP Lot 6 support for system efficiency
- Qualified for Windows 7
|CPU||AM3+ Socket: Support for AMD AM3+ FX processors and AMD AM3 Phenom II processors / AMD Athlon II processors|
|Bus Output||Hyper Transport Bus: 5200 MT/s|
|Chipset||North Bridge: AMD 990FX |
South Bridge: AMD SB950
|Memory||4 x 1.5 V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory |
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
Please Note:Due to Windows 32-bit OS limitation, physical memory of more than 4 GB will be displayed as less than 4 GB.
An AMD AM3+ CPU is required to support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above).
|Audio||Realtek ALC889 codec |
High Definition Audio
Support for Dolby Home Theatre
Support for S/PDIF Out
|LAN||1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Expansion Slots||2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2) |
2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2)
2 x PCI Express x1 slots (All PCI Express slots conform to the PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1 x PCI slot
Please Note:For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, use the PCIEX16_1 slot, and use the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots when using 2 PCI Express graphics cards.
|Graphics||Support for 2-Way AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technology (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)|
|Storage Interface||South Bridge |
6 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0 ~ SATA3_5) supporting up to 6 SATA 6 Gb/s devices
Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID5, RAID 10, and JBOD
2 x Marvell 88SE9172 chips
2 x eSATA 6 Gb/s connectors on the back panel supporting up to 2 SATA 6 Gb/s devices
Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
|USB||South Bridge: Up to 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers) |
2 x Etron EJ168 chips: Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
|IEEE 1394||VIA VT6308 Chip: Up to 2 IEEE 1394a ports (1 x port on the back panel, 1 x port available through the internal IEEE 1394a header)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 8-pin ATX 12 V power connector
6 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
2 x system fan headers
1 x power fan header
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
1 x IEEE 1394a header
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x serial port header
1 x clearing CMOS jumper
|Rear Panel Connectors||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port |
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
1 x IEEE 1394 port
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x eSATA 6 Gb/s connector
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x audio jacks (Centre / Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
|Controller Interface||ITE IT8720 chip|
System voltage detection
CPU/System temperature detection
CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
CPU overheating warning
CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
CPU/System fan speed control
Please Note:Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you instal.
|BIOS||2 x 32 Mb flash |
Use of licenced AWARD BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
|Bundle Software||Norton Internet Security (OEM version)|
|Operating System||Support for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP|
Please Note:Due to different Linux support conditions provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party websites.
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor; 12.0 x 9.6" (30.5 x 24.4 cm)|