The GA-H81M-HD3 Micro-ATX Motherboard from Gigabyte supports the 4th generation Intel processors for building a desktop computer. This 9.6 x 7.5" motherboard can fit in smaller sized desktop cases to be used at home or at the office. It offers a LGA1150 socket in which you can instal an Intel Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium, or Celeron processor. These CPUs also have an integrated graphics processor that can provide 4K video to an external 4K compatible display via HDMI or DisplayPort. To properly run advanced 3D modelling programmes or games, this motherboard supports a dedicated graphics card via the PCI Express x16 slot.
You may add up to 16GB of RAM across 2 memory slots to run multiple applications at the same time. For connecting to optical and storage drives, four SATA connectors are available. It also offers six USB ports for connecting to other peripherals and can also charge devices that use a battery. For audio and networking needs, the motherboard is built with the Realtek Audio ALC892 and the Realtek Gigabit LAN chip. Gigabyte has also included the App Centre, which includes Smart Fan 2 that allows you to control the CPU and system fans. Another feature of the App Centre allows you to update the BIOS from within Windows. Included with the H81M motherboard are a driver disk, SATA cables, and an I/O shield.
All Solid Caps and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- All solid capacitors and low RDS MOSFETS used on this motherboard are rated to work at higher temperatures to ensure a longer lifespan.
Gigabyte UEFI DualBIOS
- You can use the secondary BIOS when the primary BIOS fails due to a virus attack, hardware malfunction, incorrect OC settings or power failure during the update process.
Humidity Protection with Glass Fabric PCB
- Glass Fabric Printed Circuit Board technology uses a material that reduces the amount of space between the fibre weave, making it much more difficult for moisture to penetrate compared to traditional motherboard PCBs. The benefit is added protection from short circuit and system malfunction caused by humid and damp conditions.
Power Failure Protection with Anti-Surge IC
- Special anti-surge ICs protects your motherboard and your PC from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any potentially irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
- High resistance ICs on the motherboard protect the system from electrostatic discharge.
ESD Protection for USB 3.0 and LAN
- Each LAN and USB port is paired with a dedicated protection filter that can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from electrical surges and even direct lighting strikes.
USB 3.0 Fuses
- Each USB 3.0 port has an independent fuse, so if the fuse does blow out the remaining USB 3.0 ports will still continue to function.
4K HD HDMI Support
- This motherboard provides native 4K support with an integrated Intel HD Graphics via HDMI. This High-Definition Multimedia Interface provides up to 5 Gb/s of bandwidth for transmitting video and 8-channels of audio all through a single cable. Capable of transmitting uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analogue interfaces and their digital-to-analogue conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
- The DisplayPort delivers up to 10.8 Gbps of bandwidth over standard cables, providing billions of colours with fast refresh rates.
- Digital Visual Interface is a video interface standard designed for carrying uncompressed digital video data and for maximising the visual quality of digital display devices, such as LCD monitors, digital projectors, and so on. In addition, the DVI interface is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.
On/Off Charge Technology
- The USB ports on the motherboard allow you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. On/Off Charge technology enables devices to draw more current from Gigabyte motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger.
- Software programme that allows the user to manage different types of network traffic so data streams such as HD media, web browsing, or online gaming can be prioritised.
Gigabyte App Centre
- A simple unified user interface that launches Gigabyte apps installed on your system.
- Provides a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows you to fine-tune system settings.
Gigabyte Smart Fan 2
- This version of Smart Fan features updated and improved CPU and system fan speed controls with individual airflow and speed settings via a dedicated digital controller.
- Update your systems BIOS within Windows using a simple user interface by downloading the latest version from Gigabyte servers.
Gigabyte EZ Setup
- Simplifies installing and configuring Gigabyte apps that includes Disk Mode Switch, Smart Connect, EZ Rapid Start, and EZ Smart response.
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version): Provides protection for your system against malware, viruses, and more.
|CPU Support||Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors|
|Main Memory||RAM Slots: 2 |
Type: 1333 / 1600 MHz DIMM DDR3
Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
Max Size: 16 GB
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC memory
Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Graphics Processor (GPU)||Integrated Graphics Processor |
Resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz via HDMI 1.4a
Resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz via DisplayPort 1.2
DisplayPort does not support other types of display connections by adapter.
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 via DVI-D
DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 via D-Sub
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
|I/O Control||iTE I/O Controller Chip|
|BIOS||2 x 64 Mbit flash |
Use of licenced AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Monitoring and Management Support||System voltage detection |
CPU/System temperature detection
CPU/System fan speed detection
CPU/System overheating warning
CPU/System fan fail warning
CPU/System fan speed control
Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you instal
|Slots||1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, running at x16 |
1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1
2 x PCI
|Storage Interface||Chipset |
SATA III 6 Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0/1)
SATA II 3 Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2/3)
|Audio||Realtek ALC892 codec |
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF In/Out
|LAN||Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 8-pin ATX 12 V power connector
2 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
2 x SATA 3 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x System fan header
1 x Front panel header
1 x Front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF In header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Serial port header
1 x Parallel port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port |
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x HDMI port
1 x DisplayPort
1 x Optical S/PDIF Out connector
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x Audio jacks (Centre/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
|Supports||APP Centre |
|Operating System Support||Windows 8 / 7|
|Dimensions||9.6 x 7.5" / 24.4 x 19.0 cm|