With support for advanced PC components, the GA-H81M-S2H Micro ATX Motherboard from GIGABYTE can be used to create a high-performance Windows system in a compact size. This motherboard supports 4th and 5th generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors in the LGA1150 socket.
You may add up to 16GB of RAM across 2 memory slots to run multiple applications at the same time. For connecting to optical and storage drives, two SATA III connectors are available and allow for data transfers up to 6 Gb/s. It also offers six USB ports for connecting to other peripherals. For audio and networking needs, the motherboard is built with the Realtek Audio ALC887 and the Realtek LAN chip. Included with this motherboard are a driver disc, SATA cables, and an I/O shield.
Intel 8 Series
- The Intel 8 Series platform offers significant improvements in performance and power consumption with the 4th generation Haswell Intel Core processors and Intel H81 Express chipsets. As well as a boost in overall productivity, the lntel HD Graphics 4600 provide significantly higher frame rates in certain DX11 3D game titles.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Plus features a range of features and component choices that provide high performance as well as cool and efficient operation. GIGABYTE uses solid caps (capacitors) for CPU VRM and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which are rated to work at higher temperatures to provide a longer lifespan.
High Quality Audio Capacitors
- This motherboard uses high quality Nippon Chemicon ARE series audio capacitors. These professional audio capacitors deliver high quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create realistic sound effects for your experience.
Dedicated Audio Hardware Zone
- Separation on the PCB layer protects the board's sensitive analogue audio components. Separate analogue and digital ground to protect against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).
- Humidity can play havoc on a motherboard's circuitry. GIGABYTE's Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
Power Failure Protection
- GIGABYTE uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges.
- This motherboard features High Resistance ICs, which help protect the motherboard against electrostatic discharge.
High ESD Protection for USB and LAN (USB 3.0 only)
- This motherboard provides advanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection for both your Ethernet LAN and USB ports, both common sources of ESD-related failures. Each LAN and USB port is paired with a dedicated protection filter that can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from common electrical surges and even direct lightning strikes.
4K Ultra HD Support
- 4K resolution utilises approximately 4,000 pixels on the horizontal axis, more than four times today's standard HD pixel density. This motherboard provides native 4K support with integrated Intel HD Graphics via HDMI.
- HDMI is a High-Definition Multimedia Interface which provides up to 5 Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and 8-channel high quality audio all through a single cable. Able to transmit uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures the crisp rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analogue interfaces and their digital-to-analogue conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
On/Off Charge Technology
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger.
Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model. Support for the 3X USB power design is also varied by models.
- GIGABYTE LAN Optimiser is designed to allow the user to manage different types of network traffic so that data streams such as HD media, web browsing or online gaming can be prioritised, taking precedence over large data downloads that tend to strangle overall network bandwidth.
GIGABYTE App Centre
- GIGABYTE App Centre gives you access to GIGABYTE apps that help you get the most out of this motherboard. Using a simple, unified user interface, GIGABYTE App Centre allows you to launch all GIGABYTE apps installed on your system.
- GIGABYTE EasyTune provides a simple and user-friendly interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings.
GIGABYTE Smart Fan 2
- As well as offering more connectors for system fans than before, this motherboard features updated and improved CPU and system fan speed controls, with individual airflow and speed settings available via a dedicated digital controller.
- The updated GIGABYTE @BIOS app allows you to update your system's BIOS from within Windows using a simple graphical user interface by automatically downloading the latest version from the GIGABYTE servers.
GIGABYTE EZ Setup
- GIGABYTE EZ Setup combines several key utilities designed to simplify installation and configuration for several exclusive GIGABYTE apps, such as Disk Mode Switch, Smart Connect, EZ Rapid Start and EZ Smart response.
|Form Factor||Micro ATX|
|CPU Support||Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors|
|Chipset||Intel H81 Express|
|Main Memory||RAM Slots: 2 |
Type: 1333 / 1600 MHz DIMM DDR3
Max Size: 16 GB
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC memory
Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Graphics Processor (GPU)||1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 |
1 x DVI-D* port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200
*The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x HDMI* port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160
*Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
|I/O Control||iTE I/O Controller Chip|
|BIOS||1 x 32 Mbit flash |
Use of licenced AMI UEFI BIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Monitoring and Management Support||System voltage detection |
CPU/System temperature detection
CPU/System fan speed detection
CPU/System overheating warning
CPU/System fan fail warning
CPU/System fan speed control*
*Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you instal.
|Slots||1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 |
2 x PCI Express x1 slots
The PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard
|Audio||Realtek ALC887 codec |
High definition audio
To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
|LAN||Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
2 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
2 x SATA 3 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x system fan header
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x serial port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
|Back I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard port |
1 x PS/2 mouse port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x HDMI port
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Microphone)
|Operating System||Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7|
|Dimensions||8.9 x 6.8" / 22.6 x 17.4 cm|