The GA-H97M-D3H Micro-ATX Motherboard from Gigabyte supports advanced PC components for building a compact computer. This 9.6 x 8.9" sized motherboard supports 4th and 5th generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors in the LGA1150 socket. These CPUs also use an integrated Intel graphics processor that delivers 4K video to a 4K capable display via HDMI. This motherboard supports multiple graphic cards configured for 2-Way CrossFire to allow higher frame rates without compromising resolution when running advanced 3D games. Gigabyte also supports Intel Small Business Advantage with this motherboard by including six applications that offer security, data backup, and more.
You may add up to 32GB of RAM across 4 memory slots to run multiple applications at the same time. For connecting to optical and storage drives, six SATA III connectors are available and allow for data transfers up to 6 Gb/s. It also offers six USB ports for connecting to other peripherals. For audio and networking needs, the motherboard is built with the Realtek Audio ALC892 and the Realtek GbE LAN chip. Gigabyte has also included the App Centre, which allows you to tweak settings within the BIOS for increasing the performance of the CPU and GPU. Another feature of the App Centre allows you to remotely share files and control your computer via smartphone and tablet. Included with the H97 motherboard are a driver disk, SATA cables, and an I/O shield.
- Gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution this motherboard supports 2-Way CrossFire action, which delivers faster graphics performance by supporting two graphic cards versus just one.
Gigabyte App Centre Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- Access Gigabyte apps via the APP Centre, which can help you get the most of your Gigabyte motherboard. Using a simple, unified user interface, the Gigabyte APP Centre allows you to launch all Gigabyte apps installed on your system.
EasyTune App Smart Quick Boost: Choose from different levels of CPU frequencies to achieve desired system performance. Advanced CPU OC: Set CPU base clock, frequency, voltages, and integrated graphics frequency. Advanced DDR OC: Sets the memory clock. 3D Power: Change power phase, voltage, and frequency settings.
Cloud Station HomeCloud: Share files between your smart phone/tablet device and computer or back up files from the device to the computer. HotSpot: Turns your computer into a virtual wireless access point and allows you to share your connection with your other wireless devices. Gigabyte Remote: Control the mouse / keyboard / Windows Media Player on your computer from your smartphone/tablet device. Remote OC: This software suite allows you to remotely overclock, monitor, tweak, power down, and reset the PC. Auto Green: By pairing the system with a Bluetooth device and selecting a power-saving mode in the OS that uses less energy. When you walk away from the computer, it automatically powers down to save energy and when it detects the Bluetooth device again, resumes.
- Software programme that allows the user to manage different types of network traffic so data streams such as HD media, web browsing, or online gaming can be prioritised.
All Solid Caps and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- All solid capacitors and low RDS MOSFETS used on this motherboard are rated to work at higher temperatures to ensure a longer lifespan.
5x 15μ Gold-Plated CPU Socket Design
- To provide reliability and longevity, the CPU socket has been gold-plated to help prevent corroded pins and bad contacts when used longer than an average workday.
Gigabyte UEFI DualBIOS
- You can use the secondary BIOS when the primary BIOS fails due to a virus attack, hardware malfunction, incorrect OC settings or power failure during the update process.
ESD Protection for USB and LAN
- Each LAN and USB port is paired with a dedicated protection filter that can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from electrical surges and even direct lighting strikes.
Power Failure Protection with Anti-Surge IC
- Special anti-surge ICs protect your motherboard and your PC from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any potentially irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
Humidity Protection with Glass Fabric PCB
- Glass Fabric Printed Circuit Board technology uses a material that reduces the amount of space between the fibre weave, making it much more difficult for moisture to penetrate compared to traditional motherboard PCBs. The benefit is added protection from short circuit and system malfunction caused by humid and damp conditions.
Heat Sink Design
- The heat sink is designed to efficiently cool key areas of the motherboard including the PWM area and chipset (PCH). This helps maintain optimal thermal parameters of the PWM area when running aggressive and extreme configurations.
4K HD HDMI Support
- This motherboard provides native 4K support with an integrated Intel HD Graphics via an HDMI port. This High-Definition Multimedia Interface provides up to 5 Gb/s of bandwidth for transmitting video and 8-channels of audio all through a single cable. Capable of transmitting uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analogue interfaces and their digital-to-analogue conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
- Digital Visual Interface is a video interface standard designed for carrying uncompressed digital video data and for maximising the visual quality of digital display devices, such as LCD monitors, digital projectors, and so on. In addition, the DVI interface is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.
Intel Small Business Advantage
- Gigabyte motherboards possess a range of features that are designed to offer improved and simplified control over unmanaged IT infrastructure, with specific focus on security, data backup and raising productivity levels overall. Security
- Software Monitor: Monitors critical software at the firmware level.
- Data Backup and Restore: Powers on the PC after hours to back up critical data.
- USB Blocker: Prevents unauthorised USB devices of file imports or exports. Productivity
- PC Health Centre: Create a schedule to do PC maintenance tasks after hours.
- Energy Saver: Schedules the PC to turn on before work begins and off at the end of the day.
- Intel Wireless Display: Requires an Intel WiDi hardware and adapter to wirelessly send videos to a display.
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version): Provides protection for your system against malware, viruses, and more. Intel Rapid Start Technology: Resume in 6 seconds from deep sleep state. Intel Smart Connect Technology: Periodically wakes up the system from standby mode to cheque and apply updates. Intel Smart Response Technology: Automatically stores your most frequently used applications and data into the faster SSD. Intel Small Business Advantage: Applications to offer more security and productivity.
|CPU Support||Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors|
|Main Memory||RAM Slots: 4 |
Type: 1333 / 1600 MHz DIMM DDR3
Max Size: 32 GB
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC memory
Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Graphics Processor (GPU)||Resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz via HDMI 1.4a |
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz via DVI-D
The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz via VGA
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
|I/O Control||iTE I/O Controller Chip|
|BIOS||2 x 64 Mbit flash |
Use of licenced AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Monitoring and Management Support||System voltage detection |
CPU/System temperature detection
CPU/System fan speed detection
CPU/System overheating warning
CPU/System fan fail warning
CPU/System fan speed control
Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you instal.
|Slots||1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16, running at x16 (PCIEX16) |
For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to instal it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
2 x PCI
|Storage Interface||Chipset |
SATA III 6 Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
|Audio||Realtek ALC892 codec |
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
|LAN||Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 8-pin ATX 12 V power connector
6 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
3 x System fan headers
1 x Front panel header
1 x Front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Serial port header
1 x Parallel port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port |
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x HDMI port
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x Audio jacks (Centre/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
|Supports||APP Centre |
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7|
|Dimensions||9.6 x 8.9" / 24.4 x 22.5 cm|