The GA-Z97X-SLI Motherboard from Gigabyte supports advanced PC components for creating a Windows desktop computer. This motherboard supports 4th and 5th generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors in the LGA1150 socket. These CPUs also use an integrated Intel graphics processor that allows native 4K support via HDMI. To optimise system-loading times and faster access to programmes and files, it is recommended to use an SSD connected to the SATA express or M.2 connectors. Gigabyte has also included the App Centre, which allows you to tweak settings within the BIOS for increasing the performance of the CPU and GPU. Another feature of the App Centre allows you to remotely share files and control your computer via smartphone and tablet.
Running advanced 3D games requires multiple graphic cards connected together to allow higher frame rates without compromising resolution, which is why this motherboard offers 2-Way CrossFire or SLI multi-graphics technology. You may add up to 32GB of RAM across 4 memory slots. For connecting to optical and storage drives, six SATA III connectors are available and allow for data transfers up to 6 Gb/s. It also offers six USB ports for connecting to other peripherals. For audio and networking needs, the motherboard is built with the Realtek Audio ALC1150 and Intel LAN chip. Included with the Z97X motherboard are a driver disk, SATA cables, and an I/O shield.
- Gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution this motherboard supports 2-Way CrossFire or SLI action, which delivers faster graphics performance by supporting two graphic cards versus just one.
M.2 Onboard Connector
- Equipped with an onboard M.2 slot that provides PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices. Delivering up to 10 Gb/s data transfer speeds, M.2 offers users considerably faster storage performance than mSATA and SATA Revision 3 storage devices.
SATA Express Connector
- The onboard SATA Express connector allows for data transfer rates of up to 10 Gb/s, which is considerably higher than SATA Revision 3 that only transfers at 6 Gb/s. This prevents bottlenecking when using faster NAND flash technologies in SSDs. SATA Express combines the benefits of PCI-Express and SATA to provide much higher bandwidth, allowing SATA Express drives to perform at similar speeds as PCI-Express drives.
Intel Gigabit LAN
- Offers several performance-enhancing features such as advanced interrupt handling to help reduce CPU overhead and Jumbo Frame support for extra large data packets.
- This network traffic management application helps to improve network latency and maintains low ping times to deliver better responsiveness in a crowded LAN environment. cFos Speed works in a similar way to an OS driver, monitoring network traffic packets at the application layer, allowing optimisation and improved network performance for specific applications.
Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio
- The ALC1150 is a multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec that delivers up to 115 dB SNR, offering HD quality audio from your computer. It provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1-channel sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Two integrated stereo ADCs can record at 104 dB SNR and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Beam Forming, and Noise Suppression technologies.
Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Specially designed for gamers, this motherboard utilises a high-capacity amplifier which is able to drive 600Ω loads. This offers gamers a fuller range of dynamic sound with crisper details and less distortion when using high quality professional headphones.
Dedicated Audio Hardware Zone
- Separation on the PCB layer protects the board's sensitive analogue audio components.
- Each analogue and digital component is grounded to help protect against electromagnetic interference.
Separate PCB Layers
- By placing the right and left audio channels on separate PCB layers, Gigabyte motherboards are able to eliminate channel crosstalk and help maintain the best audio quality.
Gigabyte App Centre Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- Access Gigabyte apps via the APP Centre, which can help you get the most of your Gigabyte motherboard. Using a simple, unified user interface, the Gigabyte APP Centre allows you to launch all Gigabyte apps installed on your system.
EasyTune App Smart Quick Boost: Choose from different levels of CPU frequencies to achieve desired system performance. Advanced CPU OC: Set CPU base clock, frequency, voltages, and integrated graphics frequency. Advanced DDR OC: Sets the memory clock. 3D Power: Change power phase, voltage, and frequency settings.
Cloud Station HomeCloud: Share files between your smart phone/tablet device and computer or back up files from the device to the computer. HotSpot: Turns your computer into a virtual wireless access point and allows you to share your connection with your other wireless devices. Gigabyte Remote: Control the mouse / keyboard / Windows Media Player on your computer from your smartphone/tablet device. Remote OC: This software suite allows you to remotely overclock, monitor, tweak, power down, and reset the PC. Auto Green: By pairing the system with a Bluetooth device and selecting a power-saving mode in the OS that uses less energy. When you walk away from the computer, it automatically powers down to save energy and when it detects the Bluetooth device again, resumes.
All Solid Caps and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- Compared other motherboards using electrolytic capacitors, Gigabyte uses all solid capacitors and low RDS MOSFETS on this motherboard that are rated to work at higher temperatures to ensure a longer lifespan.
5x 15μ Gold-Plated CPU Socket Design
- To provide reliability and longevity, the CPU socket has been gold-plated to help prevent corroded pins and bad contacts when used longer than an average workday.
Gigabyte UEFI DualBIOS
- You can use the secondary BIOS when the primary BIOS fails due to a virus attack, hardware malfunction, incorrect OC settings or power failure during the update process.
ESD Protection for USB and LAN
- Each LAN and USB port is paired with a dedicated protection filter that can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from electrical surges and even direct lighting strikes.
Power Failure Protection with Anti-Surge IC
- Special anti-surge ICs protects your motherboard and your PC from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any potentially irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
Humidity Protection with Glass Fabric PCB
- Glass Fabric Printed Circuit Board technology uses a material that reduces the amount of space between the fibre weave, making it much more difficult for moisture to penetrate compared to traditional motherboard PCBs. The benefit is added protection from short circuit and system malfunction caused by humid and damp conditions.
Heat Sink Design
- The heat sink is designed to efficiently cool key areas of the motherboard including the PWM area and chipset (PCH). This helps maintain optimal thermal parameters of the PWM area when running aggressive and extreme configurations.
Gigabyte OPT Fan Support
- An additional CPU fan pin header can be used to connect a water pump and can be configured for continuous full speed operation.
4K HD HDMI Support
- This motherboard provides native 4K support with an integrated Intel HD Graphics via an HDMI port. This High-Definition Multimedia Interface provides up to 5 Gb/s of bandwidth for transmitting video and 8-channels of audio all through a single cable. Capable of transmitting uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analogue interfaces and their digital-to-analogue conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
- Digital Visual Interface is a video interface standard designed for carrying uncompressed digital video data and for maximising the visual quality of digital display devices, such as LCD monitors, digital projectors, and so on. In addition, the DVI interface is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version): Provides protection for your system against malware, viruses, and more. Intel Rapid Start Technology: Resume in 6 seconds from deep sleep state. Intel Smart Connect Technology: Periodically wakes up the system from standby mode to cheque and apply updates. Intel Smart Response Technology: Automatically stores your most frequently used applications and data into the faster SSD. cFosSpeed: Improves network latency and maintains low ping times
|CPU Support||Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors|
|Main Memory||RAM Slots: 4 |
Type: 1333 / 1600 MHz DIMM DDR3
O.C. Support: 1800 / 1866 / 2000 / 2133 / 2200 / 2400 / 2500 / 2600 / 2666 / 2800 / 2933 / 3000 MHz DDR3
Max Size: 32 GB
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC memory
Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Graphics Processor (GPU)||Resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz via HDMI 1.4a |
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz via DVI-D
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz via VGA
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
|I/O Control||iTE I/O Controller Chip|
|BIOS||2 x 64 Mbit flash |
Use of licenced AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Monitoring and Management Support||System voltage detection |
CPU/System temperature detection
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection
CPU/System overheating warning
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control
|Slots||1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16, running at x16 (PCIEX16) |
For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to instal it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
Shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
3 x PCI Express 2.0 x1
2 x PCI
|Storage Interface||Chipset |
M.2 PCIe connector
SATA Express connector
SATA III 6 Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
M.2, SATA Express, and SATA3 4/5 connectors can only be used one at a time.
|Audio||Realtek ALC1150 codec |
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
|LAN||Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x M.2 PCIe connector
1 x SATA Express connector
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x Water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
3 x System fan headers
1 x Front panel header
1 x Front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Serial port header
1 x Parallel port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port |
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x HDMI port
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x Audio jacks (Centre/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
|Supports||APP Centre |
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7|
|Dimensions||12.0 x 8.4" / 30.5 x 21.4 cm|