The 500GB Rugged Thunderbolt External Hard Drive from LaCie features a rugged design complete with a removable cover and is IP 54 rated when the cover is attached. The 500GB storage capacity allows you to store a variety of files including photos, movies, videos, and more. Files can be easily transferred to and from both Windows and Mac computers as this hard drive comes equipped with both an integrated Thunderbolt cable and USB 3.0 port supporting data transfer speeds of up to 387 MB/s.
Enhanced Data Transfer Speeds
- Get enhanced transfer speeds on Mac and PC thanks to the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces. This hard disk drive performs at up to 387 MB/s, a 35% improvement over FireWire 800. Back up and transfer large amounts of data in a fraction of the time.
- With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces, the LaCie Rugged is a perfect match for your Mac and PC. Since USB 3.0 is backward compatible, you can connect it to any standard computer, anywhere. The integrated Thunderbolt cable also stows neatly when not in use, so that you'll never lose it. The LaCie Rugged is also fully bus powered through the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables.
All-Terrain Data Protection
- This rugged hard drive from LaCie comes MIL-compliant, which means that data is protected even during accidental drops of up to 6.6 feet (2 meters). During transit, connect the removable cover to provide IP 54-level protection against dust and water. The included software even protects your files with AES 256-bit encryption.
- Easy setup and automatic backup for both Mac and PC.
- With military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, LaCie Private-Public protects your files from unauthorized access with password protection.
||500 GB SSD
|Internal Storage Media
||SATA 6 Gb/s
||1 x Integrated Thunderbolt cable
1 x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 and UAS compatible)
To achieve full interface bandwidth, connect the product to either a USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt port on a computer or device
|Interface Transfer Rate (Max)
||Thunderbolt: 10 Gb/s
USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
||Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 (reads):
These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test with the SSD version connected to a Mac computer via the Thunderbolt interface. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface and disk capacity
||Dust & Water: IP 54 rated (when cover is attached)
Shock: Drops of up to 6.6 feet (2 meters) (in non-operating mode)
Pressure: 1 ton
Theft: Password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
||LaCie Backup Assistant (easy way to set up automatic computer backups)
LaCie Private-Public (password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption)
||Computer with a Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0 port
Thunderbolt: Latest version of Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
USB 3.0: Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
||3.5 x 5.5 x 1.0" / 89 x 140 x 24 mm
||8.8 oz / 280 g