The RackStation RS10613xs+ 10-Bay Storage Server from Synology is a reliable, high-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. Scalable up to 424TB, it simplifies data management, optimises virtualization environments and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Note: *Tested with dual 10 GbE connections using link aggregation and fully loaded with Kingston SVP100S2 64GB 2.5" (6.35cm) Solid State Drive. Performance may vary depending on the environment. *Tested with dual 10 GbE connections using link aggregation and fully loaded with Kingston SVP100S2 64GB 2.5" (6.35cm) Solid State Drive. Performance may vary depending on the environment.
*Available with DSM 4.1 or newer.
*The storage server supports up to eight Synology RX1213sas Expansion Units, sold separately.
*Available with DSM 4.1 or newer.
*Testing environment and specifications for VAAI: ESXi server specifications: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz Quad Core; 8G RAM; Intel 82574L Gigabit x2 NIC; OS: ESXi 5.0.0 504890; Motherboard: MSI MS-7740.
- The RS10613xs+ Storage Server delivers superior performance at over 2,000+ MBps throughput and 400,000+ IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with link aggregation*. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimised SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimising cost per gigabyte.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, the storage server supports dual 10 GbE with the add-on PCIe x8 Gen2 Network Interface Card for maximised bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 8GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, this storage server ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business. 1
Please Note:*Tested with dual 10 GbE connections using link aggregation and fully loaded with Kingston SVP100S2 64GB 2.5" (6.35cm) Solid State Drive. Performance may vary depending on the environment. close Reliability, Availability and Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses that depend upon their commercial servers every day. The RS10613xs+ Storage Server responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features: • Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications*. • Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology storage server at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business. • Redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime. • Proactive global hot sparing combined with hot-swappable drives ensures uninterrupted service during drive replacement. • High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure. • ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission. 2
Please Note:*Available with DSM 4.1 or newer. close Robust Scalability
With up to 424TB of total storage capacity*, the RS10613xs+ Storage Server is designed to grow with business and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
When the capacity of the storage server nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with the Synology RX1213sas Expansion Unit. This storage server supports up to 106 SATA, SAS or SSD drives for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes.
Management of large storage space on the storage server is simple and flexible. Unlike standard RAID arrangements, volume on this storage server can be created on grouped RAID array structures, providing higher reliability by distributing risk of disk failure and making management of storage across all hard drives more flexible and efficient. When the need for more space arises, the volume can be easily expanded without any service disruption. 3
Please Note:*The storage server supports up to eight Synology RX1213sas Expansion Units, sold separately. close Unified Storage System
- By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into a single unified storage system, the RS3413xs+ Storage Server enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership: • Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. • Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large-scale businesses to consolidate storage into data centre storage arrays. • Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximises storage utilisation by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
The RS10613xs+ Storage Server provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V. VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified*, the server helps offload specific storage operations and optimises computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralised storage of a virtual environment, this storage server enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. 4
Please Note:*Available with DSM 4.1 or newer. close Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), the RS10613xs+ Storage Server comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses: • Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts. • Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing the storage server to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure. • Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely. • Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises. • Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance.
A Complete Private Cloud Solution
- Synology offers a complete and hassle-free cloud solution that helps you to enjoy the benefit of hosting a private cloud solution without the hassle of network configuration. Starting from the fundamental network structure to managing file sync on multiple devices, the setup process is smooth and effortless.
File Sync with Cloud Station
- Have files synced with enhanced security, privacy and unlimited services. Cloud Station pushes every file to all your devices with up-to-date versions, so you can access the files anywhere and anytime. • Retain up to 32 previous versions and roll back to any version easily. • Sync and share files among group members with nearly unlimited user accounts and shared folders. • Enhance data transmission with SSL data encryption, HTTPS and Proxy options.
Enjoy Up-to-Date Content with DS Cloud
- Turn mobile devices into your digital briefcase that's always ready to go. DS cloud automatically syncs the important files for you. You can review presentation slides while commuting on the subway, or even call up critical documents during the meeting. Enjoy more options to customise syncing behaviours. • Supports offline viewing. • Customise sync rules, including file size limitations and file types to sync files with. • DS cloud is available on iOS and Android devices.
Establish Remote Connections with QuickConnect
- Accessing the RackStation outside of LAN can be super easy. QuickConnect is designed to help you set up the connection without the need to configure any router settings. With QuickConnect enabled, you will be able to use Cloud Station to sync files between your home and work computers. Asides from DS cloud, QuickConnect also supports mobile remote access to DS file, DS audio and DS photo+. With just a simple click, your private cloud is always ready.
Complete Multimedia Platform
- Video Station keeps movies, videos and TV shows neatly categorised, so you can always find what you want. It's also everyone's TV set. Just equip your RackStation with USB DTV tuners and everyone can stream and record live TV shows. You'll never miss any of them, indoors or on the go. • Store and manage movies, TV shows and home TV shows in a centralised location. • Video information will be collected via automatic Internet metadata searching, set in your preferred language. • Live stream or record TV programmes simultaneously with multiple dongle streaming support. • Enjoy widescreen entertainment with AirPlay and DLNA streaming. • Watch videos and manage recording schedules with DS video on mobile devices.
- With Audio Station, the embedded music player, you can own a personal audio library and enjoy exclusive collections any time, on any device. With the revamped interface, your music collection is beautifully ready to give you better user experience. • Listen to music collection and Internet radio on PC, Mac and mobile devices. • Stream music with Bluetooth devices, media renderers and multiple AirPlay devices. • Live lyrics display available on Audio Station and DS audio.
- The online photo gallery is powered by exciting tools for you to manage, browse and share photos. Photo Station organises your albums into a Timeline, along with a map and different tags, all neatly displayed. Make your memories truly memorable and impress your visitors with the perfectly equipped photo gallery. • Browse and view photos on PC, Mac and mobile devices. • Online album and blog available for individual accounts. • Upload photos easily in a drag-n-drop manner or Photo Station Uploader. • Create Smart Albums so photos of the same sorting rules can be grouped into the same albums automatically. • Upload or share photos onto social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Plurk and Picasa.
Synology's Virtualization Support
VMware VAAI Support
- Synology has acquired itself with readiness for VMware vSphere 5 and full VAAI support. Full VAAI support includes Hardware Assisted Locking (ATS), Block Zero, Full Copy and Thin Provisioning. When deploying Synology RackStation, businesses are entitled for: • Faster operation performance of VMs achieved by offloading cycles from ESXi to storage array. • More effective utilisation of storage arrays delivered by virtual machines with VAAI support. • Better flexibility for deploying and migrating VMs. • Higher storage performance and storage efficiency with VMFS-5 file system. • Smoother access and management efficiency with load balancing automation in Storage vMotion.
• To show how VAAI support can improve performance in practice, here are some key figures and testing summary*: • Hardware Assisted Locking: Creating multiple VMs is 9 times faster with ATS enabled. • Block Zero: Creating a VM with Write Same support is nearly 140 times faster than on a non-VAAI LUN. • Full Copy: Copying a VM on a VAAI LUN is 34 times faster than on a non-VAAI LUN. 5
Please Note:*Testing environment and specifications for VAAI: ESXi server specifications: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz Quad Core; 8G RAM; Intel 82574L Gigabit x2 NIC; OS: ESXi 5.0.0 504890; Motherboard: MSI MS-7740. close Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V
- Synology RackStation has passed the Windows Server 2012 certification. Businesses are able to leverage the functionalities of Microsoft-certified storage solutions including live storage migration, capability, Hyper-V Replica and storage capacity. Businesses that deploy servers with the Windows Server 2012 certification are entitled to: • Boost performance and flexibility when migrating running VM without downtime. • Accelerate VM capability to simplify management and cost. • Allocate up to 64 virtual processors and up to 1TB memory. • Leverage VHDX format and its ability to support up to 64TB storage per virtual hard disk to flexibly accommodate to enterprise request. • Ensure business continuity and minimise disaster recovery time with real-time VM remote replication.
Extensive Support for Active Directory and LDAP
- The RS10613xs+ Storage Server provides extensive support for Active Directory and LDAP to give businesses the flexibility and simplicity they need to manage a complex organisation. By joining the Active Directory or LDAP domain service, end users gain single sign-on to the storage server through their domain account. IT managers can host their own LDAP server and centrally manage access and account control with ease. With the same domain account, end users can also access various DSM services directly.
Joining Active Directory
- As an industry standard, the Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) from Microsoft provides many advantages in managing a complex network. IT managers can centrally store device names, user names, passwords and other information in one place, enhance network security, reduce overhead cost and more. When the storage server is joined to an Active Directory, IT managers don't need to create separate accounts and duplicate security information, while end users can use a single domain account to access the server.
Hosting LDAP Server
- The RS10613xs+ Storage Server can act as an independent LDAP server to provide businesses with centralised account and permission management and enhanced security through a simple-to-use management interface. IT managers can use the LDAP server to create domain user accounts and define access rights for shared folders, storage quota and various DSM applications on the storage server. IT managers can also join the storage server to an existing LDAP domain service.
DSM Apps Integration
- In addition to accessing shared folders and files in the network, the storage server allows end users to access various DSM services and apps directly with a single domain account. For example, IT managers can allow end users to access Cloud Station to sync files across multiple devices or facilitate project collaboration.
Synology High Availability
Ensures Business Continuity
- In this modern competitive global economy, businesses can't afford to have their mission-critical services be offline for even a short period of time. In this regard, the Synology High Availability (SHA) solution provides a reliable, simple-to-use failover mechanism to recover from physical and service failures. • Automate system recovery and resume service efficiently. • Heartbeat mechanism to detect and respond to system failure timely. • Web-based, easy-to-use management interface.
Heartbeat and Failover Protection
- The SHA harnesses dual Synology storage servers into a high available cluster. The Heartbeat feature allows a primary and backup server to determine if the other is "alive." When one of the servers experiences service or physical failure, the other fails over resources and resumes service automatically. Instal SHA on your Synology storage server to minimise service downtime.
Affordable Solution for SMBs
- The primary strength of the RS10613xs+ Storage Server is the ability to provide rich features to all user groups at an affordable cost. SMBs that have limited budget can take advantage of the SHA solution to ensure their important services and data are well protected.
|CPU Frequency||Quad core 3.3 GHz|
|Memory||DDR3 8 GB ECC RAM (expandable, up to 32 GB)|
Please Note:When upgrading RAM to more than 24 GB, the original 4 GB RAM modules must be removed
|Internal HDD/SSD||3.5" (8.89 cm) or 2.5" (6.35 cm) SATA II / SATA III / SAS x10, 2.5" (6.35 cm) SSD Cache x2 (hard drive not included)|
|Max Internal Capacity||40 TB (10 x 4 TB HDD) (capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|External HDD Interface||4 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x expansion ports|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Supported|
|System Fan||3.15 x 3.15" (80 x 80 mm) x 4 easy replacement system fans|
|Noise Level||54.6 dB (A)|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100 to 240 V AC|
|Power Frequency||50 / 60 Hz, single phase|
|Power Consumption||142 W (access); 110 W (HDD hibernation)|
Please Note:Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 2TB WD2002FYPS hard drives
|Networking Protocols||• CIFS |
• VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN)
|File System||• EXT4 |
• EXT3(external disk only)
• FAT (external disk only)
• NTFS (external disk only)
|Management||• Auto DSM upgrade |
• Push notification - MSN / Skype / mobile devices
• Email / SMS notification
• Customised user quota
• Customised administrator / user group
• Syslog support
• DDNS support
• IPv6 support
• VLAN support
• Resource monitor
• Connection manager
• UPS management
• Scheduled power on / off
• Custom management UI HTTP / HTTPS ports
|Windows ADS Domain Integration||Domain users login via Samba / AFP / FTP / file station|
|HDD Management||• HDD hibernation |
• Dynamic bad sector mapping
|Security||• FTP over SSL / TLS |
• IP auto-block
• Encrypted network backup over Rsync
• HTTPS connection
|Utilities||• Synology assistant |
• Synology data replicator
|Supported Clients||• Windows XP onward |
• Mac OS X 10.5 onward
• Ubuntu 9.04 onward
|Supported Browsers||• Chrome |
• Internet Explorer: 8, 9
• Safari (Mac): 5
|Languages||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, Turkish, Czech, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese|
|Performance||• Sequential Throughput (2 x 10 GbE Link Aggregation): |
• Sequential IOPS (2 x 10 GbE Link Aggregation):
• Random IOPS (2 x 10 GbE Link Aggregation):
• AES 256-bit Encrypted File Upload / Download (2 x 10 GbE Link Aggregation):
• iSCSI Upload / Download (2 x 10 GbE Link Aggregation):
• Sequential Throughput (4 x 1 Gb Link Aggregation):
• Sequential IOPS (4 x 1 Gb Link Aggregation):
• Random IOPS (4 x 1 Gb Link Aggregation):
• Windows Upload / Download (5 GB File):
• Windows Upload / Download (1 MB x 10000 Files):
Please Note:The performance figures are achieved in Synology lab using powerful client computers with optimised network settings & could vary in different environments
|Storage Management||• Max. File System Size: 108 TB |
• Max . Internal Volume #: 1024
• Max. iSCSI Target #: 128
• Max. iSCSI LUN #: 512
• Supported RAID Type: Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
• RAID Migration: Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, RAID 5 to RAID 6
• Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6
• Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 5, RAID 6
• Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type: RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
• Synology Expansion Unit Support: RX1213sas
• iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot
|File Sharing Capability||• Max User Accounts: 4096 |
• Max Groups: 512
• Max Shared Folder: 512
• Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks: 32
• Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections: 1024
• Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration
|Virtualization||• VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI |
• Windows Server 2008
• Windows Server 2012
• Citrix Ready
|Operating Temperature||40 to 95°F (5 to 35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||15 to 155°F (-10 to 70°C)|
|Relative Humidity||5 to 95% RH|
|Maximum Operating Altitude||6,500' (1,981 m)|
|Certification||FCC Class A, COE Class A, BSMI Class A|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||3.46 x 17.52 x 22.44" (88 x 445 x 570 mm)|
|Weight||34.61 lb (15.7 kg)|