Synology Rackstation RS3614xs 12-Bay NAS Server has been discontinued, here are some related products you might like:
The Rackstation RS3614xs 12-Bay NAS Server from Synology is a reliable, high-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. It simplifies data management, optimises virtualization environments, and expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. This unit has twelve drive bays, each of which natively supports 3.5" and 2.5" SATA III (6 Gb/s) and SATA II (3 Gb/s) hard drives and SSDs.
The Rackstation RS3614xs is powered by a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i3 Dual-Core processor, which will allow you to run multiple functions simultaneously. The built-in 4GB of DDR3 ECC RAM will allow quick access to frequently-used files and programmes. ECC RAM is also able to detect and correct single-bit errors, which is an important feature when working with scientific and financial computing. Network connectivity is achieved via the 4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports, with included support for two dual-port 10GbE add-on cards. The link aggregation on the storage server provides over 3,500 MB/s throughput and over 280,000 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration. When the capacity of the storage server is nearing its limits, the RX1214 or the RX1214RP expansion units can easily expand it. It securely connects to the RX1214 or the RX1214RP via connection cables that are specifically designed to maximise data transmission throughput between the main server and expansion units.
The RackStation RS3614xs runs on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which offers applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses. Windows AD and LDAP directory services integration allows this storage server to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment without recreating user accounts.
The RackStation RS3614xs operates at 100-240VAC at 50/60 Hz and includes a power cord.
High Speed Performance
- The RackStation RS3614xs delivers high-speed performance at over 3,500 MB/s throughput and 280,000 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration with VLAN. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimised SSD cache push throughput efficiently while minimising cost per gigabyte. In addition, the RS3614xs comes with native SATA III (6 Gb/s) support that unleashes the full potential of SSDs, ensuring the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS3614xs comes with dual PCI Express Gen3 x8 slots, bringing you the high-speed performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system. The RS3614xs also supports dual 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), which are sold separately.
Equipped with 4GB of DDR3 ECC RAM and expandable up to 32GB, the RS3614xs ensures data accuracy as well as high-speed performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3614xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3614xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 3,500 MB/s peak read speeds
- With 12 drive bays, the RS3614xs is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume on the fly.
The RS3614xs supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of the RS3614xs nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with the Synology RX1214 and RX1214RP via specially-designed connection cables to maximise data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3614xs is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on a RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. The RS3614xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications
- Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business
- Redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure
- ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission
- Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans. With the brand-new screwless rail kit sliding: Synology RKS1314 (optional), system installation and maintenance is fast and easy
Unified Storage System
- By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, the RS3614xs enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
- Cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data centre storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximises storage utilisation by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
- The RS3614xs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified, the RS3614xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimises computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralised storage of a virtual environment, the RS3614xs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support extremely improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration.
Synology CMS (Central Management System)
- For enterprises with more than one Synology NAS server, CMS offers the flexibility and convenience for IT administrators to manage all of them from a single point of entry. Through a simple interface, you can obtain a clear overview on resource consumption and logs, helping you to identify any issue right away. With group policies, CMS can do much more for your daily tasks. Once a NAS joins a group, it will automatically adopt its rules and behave as intended, without extra configuration
- With comprehensive cloud solutions, RS3614xs lets you create your own cloud easily. Cloud Station is a package to sync files across multiple devices with the benefit of better privacy for important data. Files can be edited in offline mode and later synced to Cloud Station, which retains up to 32 versions to avoid file overwriting. With mobile app DS cloud, any change made to a file is automatically synced to your smartphones and tablets. For distributed enterprise, Synology's 2-way sync between different DiskStations ensures employees at different locations share the same information in real-time. IT administrators can customise synchronisation rules, such as avoiding syncing large files to optimise bandwidth usage
Synology High Availability
- Uninterrupted availability is a critical goal for all businesses. The RS3614xs offers Synology High Availability (SHA) technology which combines an active and a passive server into one cluster, the latter always mirrored to the former. The Heartbeat mechanism detects regular "heartbeats" between the two servers. If the main server encounters unexpected downtime, the passive server immediately takes over. With multiple LAN ports, the RS3614xs also ensures redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure
Secure Your Data
- The RS3614xs provides share-level AES 256-bit encryption to block off unauthorised access attempts. Once you create and encrypt a shared folder, people without the encryption key will not be able to use the encrypted data even if they remove the hard drives from your RS3614xs and mount it on their device. 2-Step verification gives an extra layer of protection as 6-digit one-time code sending to your mobile device is required for login. In addition, the RS3614xs provides other security add-ons, such as IP block & allow list, Antivirus packages, firewall, and DoS attack prevention
2 x Dual-Port 10GbE Add-on Card Support
- The RS3614xs feature two expansion ports, each of which can support a Dual-Port 10GbE add-on card which features link aggregation, wake on LAN/WAN, and wireless support via a dongle. This card is sold separately and not included with the RS3614xs.
- Antivirus Essential, McAfee Antivirus, Audio Station, Cloud Station (1024 max concurrent file transfers), DHCP Server, Directory Server, DNS Server, Download Station (80 max concurrent download tasks), Glacier Backup, High Availability, HiDrive Backup, iTunes Server, Mail Server, Mail Station, Media Server, Photo Station, RADIUS Server, Syslog Server, Time Backup (16 max task number), Video Station (Group 1), VPN Server (30 max connections), Third Party Packages
Surveillance Station (75 max IP cams with 2 free licences)
Total FPS (H.264) 2250 FPS @ 720p (1280x800), 650 FPS @ 1080p (1920x1080), 450 FPS @ 3M (2048x1536), 200 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944)
Total FPS (MJPEG) 600 FPS @ 720p (1280x800), 240 FPS @ 1080p (1920x1080), 150 FPS @ 3M (2048x1536), 150 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944)
|CPU||3.4 GHz Intel Core i3 Dual-Core |
Hardware Encryption Engine
|Memory||Total Memory Slots: 4 |
Installed: 4 GB of ECC DDR3 RAM (2 x 2 GB)
Max: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)
|Storage||Drive Bays: 12 |
Max Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 36
Drive Type: 3.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) HDD, 2.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) HDD, 2.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) SSD
Hot Swappable drives supported
|External Ports||2 x USB 3.0 |
2 x USB 2.0
4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45
2 x Expansion Port
|File System||Internal Drive: EXT4 |
External Drives: EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+
|Storage Management||Max File System Size: 108 TB |
Max Internal Volume Number: 1024
Max iSCSI Target Number: 64
Max iSCSI LUN: 512
iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot, Windows ODX supported
|RAID||Supported RAID Types: Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 |
RAID Migration: Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, RAID 5 to RAID 6
Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6
Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 5, RAID 6, JBOD
Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type: RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
|SSD Support||SSD Read Cache, SSD Trim|
|File Sharing Capability||Max User Accounts: 16,000 |
Max Groups: 512
Max Shared Folders: 512
Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks: 16
Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections: 1024
Features: Windows Access Control List (ACL) integrattion, NFS Kerberos authentication
|Syslog Events per Second||3,000|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 5 with VAII, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Citrix ready|
|Fan||System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs |
Features: Easy Replacement
|Noise Level||40.5 dB(A)|
|Temperature & Humidity||Operating: 40 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C |
Storage: -5 to 140°F / -21 to 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% RH
|Certification||FCC Class A, COE Class A, BSMI Class A|
|Power Requirements||AC Input Power Voltage: 100 - 240 V AC |
Power Frequency: 50/60 Hz, single-phase
Power Supply: 500 W
Power Consumption: 140.7 W (access), 56.7 W (HDD hibernation)
|Dimensions||3.5 x 17.5 x 22.4" / 8.8 x 44.5 x 57.0 cm|
|Weight||29.3 lb / 13.3 kg|
- Synology Rackstation RS3614xs 12-Bay NAS Server
- RM Product #:
- USB 2.0
- USB 3.0
- RAID 0
- Power Method:
- AC Powered