DECIMATOR 2 3G/HD/SD-SDI to HDMI Converter with Built-In NTSC/PAL Downscaler & Analog Audio Outputs
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #33225
- SKU: Decimator2
Delivering more than just a basic SDI to HDMI convertor, the DECIMATOR 2 3G/HD/SD-SDI to HDMI Convertor with Built-In NTSC/PAL Downscaler & Analogue Audio Outputs from DECIMATOR provides you with a host of features in a small package suitable for location or a studio environment. The device auto detects the incoming signal, and handles signal switching based on the DIP switch settings you select. The convertor maintains a 10-bit data path for your video signal, which minimises scaling artefacts. It incorporates one SDI input that supports signals up to 3G-SDI, and features a loop through SDI output, HDMI output for the converted signal, and a Composite out that automatically scales HD signals delivering either NTSC or PAL video.
The unit passes closed captioning signals on the Composite output, a useful feature for a broadcast facility. The HDMI output can display selectable frame markers or "Graticules" as well as up to 16 channels of audio metres. The unit also de-embeds the audio from the SDI stream, and makes it available as 2 channels of analogue audio. External DIP switches allow you to select how the unit handles conversion to HDMI and SD video from SDI, and which stereo pair is available on the analogue audio outputs. The convertor features a locking DC power socket and a mounting bracket allowing you to attach it to a wall or possibly the back of a monitor.
- Simultaneously scales the signal on both the HDMI and Composite outputs with no more than a 1 frame delay. SD-SDI signals are not scaled.
- USB port for control and firmware updates.
- Composite output is selectable to either NTSC or PAL. The convertor supports user selectable aspect ratio conversion of HD video to SD with:* 16:9 to 16:9 Anamorphic
- 16:9 to 4:3 Letterbox
- 16:9 to 4:3 Centre Extraction
- Passes EIA-708/608 Closed Captions to the Composite output.
Adjustable frame markers (Graticules) with:
- Separate enables for Safe Action, Safe title, and Centre Cross
- Adjustable position for either Safe Action of Safe Title
- Adjustable colours for Safe Action, Safe Title, and Centre Cross Text Overlays:
- Adjustable foreground and background colours
- Adjustable 16 character text field
- Input status display
- Displays 16 Channels of audio metres.
- Any four audio groups individually selectable.
- AES/EBU, VU, Extended VU, BBC, EBU, DIN, and Nordic Scales.
- Bar & Float, Bar only, or Float only
- Separate Bar and Float ballistics control
- Transparency and bar thickness adjustment
- Adjustable reference level and red, yellow, and green range adjustment
|Video Formats||3G - SMPTE 424 Mb/s 2.97 and 2.967 Gb/s
HD - SMPTE 292 Mb/s 274 Mb/s 296 Mb/s 1.485 and 1.435 Gb/s
1080i: 60/59.94/50 Hz
1080p/psf: 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
720p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
SD - SMPTE 259 Mb/s 270 Mb/s
|Inputs||SD/HD/3G-SDI: 1 x BNC
Note: Conditional Maximum Equalisation cable length of 400M for SDI, 200M for HD-SDI and 100M 3G-SDI using Belden 1694A
|Outputs||SD/HD/3G-SDI: 1 x BNC (loop through output)
SD-Composite: 1 x BNC (NTSC/PAL compatible)
HDMI: 1 x Type A (full size)
Analogue Audio: 2 x RCA Jack(2-dBFS=-10dBu)
|Dip Switches||* NTSC or PAL Selection
* SD Pedestal
* Crop 16:9 to 4:3
* 16:9 or 4:3 Aspect Selection
* Stereo Pair selection for RCA Analogue Audio
* HDMI Output format select
|LED Status Indicators||Power
|Power||5 to 24 VDC, 5W
|Dimensions||3.5 x 2.8 x 0.9" / 90 x 71 x 23 mm|