DZOFilm VESPID 90mm macro T2.8 Lens (PL Mount)
- 90mm Lens Covers Full-Frame Sensors
- Macro Focus Lens
- 16-Blade Iris
- Cinema Gearing for Focus and Iris
- 300° Focus Rotation
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #86466
- SKU: DZO-VM9021PL
Relatively small and lightweight, the DZOFilm VESPID 90mm T2.8 Lens is part of the VESPID series of lenses from DZOFilm and is well suited for independent and high-end full-frame cinematography. This macro lens has an 80mm front diameter, allowing it to work with virtually any cine-style matte box. The small size makes this lens an attractive option when working with drones and gimbals, as well as when shooting handheld or run-and-gun. The interchangeable PL mount allows you to use the fully manual lens on a variety of modern and vintage cine cameras, while the full-frame coverage supports sensors that have an image circle up to 46.5mm for use on cameras with sensors up to full-frame without vignetting.
The 16-blade iris, which is consistent throughout the VESPID prime lens lineup, creates round out-of-focus highlights that have a more natural appearance and contribute to the lens's natural-looking bokeh. The focus ring features 300° of rotation for precise focus pulls, and the iris ring a generous 68° of rotation. Cine-style gear rings on the focus and iris rings make the lens compatible with cine-style lens accessories such as follow focus units, lens motors, and lens control systems.
- This 90mm macro lens has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a Super35 sensor, it provides you with a tighter shot than if mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigours of daily production.
- The common 80mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don't have to swap out antireflection doughnuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- This macro focus lens has a close focus distance of 26 cm, allowing you to reproduce an in-focus image with a 1:1 object to image size ratio on the sensor.
- Each lens in the set has a magnetically attached read filter, allowing you to swap it out with varying strengths of ND filters for exposure control without affecting your iris.
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Image Circle||46.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From Image Plane: 10.157" / 0.258 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||80 mm|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Focus Scales||Metric, Imperial|
|Length||4.4" / 112 mm|
|Weight||28.2 oz / 800 g|