Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega Dual Bass Preamp/OD Pedal
Email me when stock arrives
The Alpha Omega bass pedal from Darkglass Electronics is so much more than an excellent DI. It's also a pedal-sized preamp and a savage-sounding distortion effect. The Alpha Omega was codesigned with Karnivool bassist Jon Stockman and combines a dynamic saturation circuit with a 3-band EQ and balanced line driver. Level, Drive, and Blend knobs dial in and fine-tune your clean and overdriven signals. Growl and Bite switches increase or decrease the Alpha Omega's low- and high-frequency saturation. And dual outputs make parallel processing and running your signal to a PA or mixing console a piece of cake.
The secret to Alpha Omega's encompassing personality is its bevy of tone-shaping controls. The Level, Drive, and 3-band EQ are easy enough to figure out. But the real fun comes when you start manipulating the Growl and Bite switches, the Mod knob, and the all-powerful Blend control. The Growl and Bite switches affect the low- and high-frequency saturation of your signal, placing your tone's teeth right where you want it. The Mod knob is a variable way to select between punchy and tight tone or an all-out raw sound. And you can always blend in your original signal to taste.
Whether you're a fan of vintage gear, prefer to go straight to the console, or have a complicated rig that would put your guitarist to shame, Darkglass Electronics's Alpha Omega boasts the I/O to make it happen. At its most streamlined, you can run an instrument cable from the 1/4" to your amp and take advantage of the pedal's tone shaping. The XLR output makes Alpha Omega a brilliant DI box. And the onboard parallel output lets you send an unaffected tone to one source and your affected sound to another.
- Bass preamp pedal and DI box with saturation circuit
- Designed with Karnivool bassist, Jon Stockman
- 3-band EQ for shaping your tone
- Drive knob controls the amount of saturation in your overdriven signal
- Blend knob adjusts the ratio between clean and overdriven signals
- Growl switch dials in the amount of low-frequency saturation
- Bite switch tunes in the amount of high-frequency saturation
- Parallel output for parallel processing
- Direct output for running into PA systems and mixing consoles
|Pedal Type:||Bass Preamp, DI and Overdrive|
|Inputs:||1 x 1/4"|
|Outputs:||2 x 1/4" (out, parallel out), 1 x XLR (direct out)|
|Power Source:||9V DC power supply (sold separately)|