Hoya 58mm Ultraviolet UV Haze HD (High Density) Digital Filter
Email me when stock arrives
The 58mm Ultraviolet UV(0) Haze HD (High Density) Filter from Hoya is a wise initial investment. It helps protect your valuable investment from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs.
This filter, with its hardened glass, has 4x the tensile strength of traditional filters of similar fabrication. This filter is also of great use in today's digital market where sensors are more sensitive to reflected light. Hoya incorporates special coatings that reduce these internal reflections and, thereby, promote a clearer, brighter and sharper image. The multi-coating used in this filter is made up of 8 layers on each side that promote 99.35% light transmission.
Hoya is one of the largest manufacturers of glass in the filter industry. In collaboration with its parent company, Tokina Optical, Hoya continues to strive to produce some of the best glass on the market. Currently, they hold 40% of the world's market for optical glass.
The advantage of most Hoya filters is that Hoya puts, at least, one layer of anti-reflective coating on each side of their glass. It is not bare glass. Even if the glass is not multi-coated, this kind of production tends to minimize flare and ghosting.
- Multi-coated - 8 layers on each side; 99.35% light transmission
- Waterproof, scratch and stain-resistant glass
- Good choice for digital photography
- If desired it can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- Haze filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- Filter promotes the acquisition of more light for your image
- Increases sharpness
Thickness: Frame: 4 mm, Glass 2 mm
||Yes - 8 layers of multi-coating on each side; average light transmission of 99.35%
||Reduces excessive blue; cuts through haze and can improve image clarity; Protects front element of lens
||Digital and traditional photography; helpful when photographing mountain and marine scenes, where increased haze threatens to make your photographs indistinct in color and clarity
|Front Filter Thread Size
|Front Lens Cap Size