Well-suited to outdoor and nature photography, the 105mm Landscape Circular Polariser Filter from LEE Filters helps to reduce reflections and glare as well as increase the overall saturation of an image. This unique polariser filter is also characterised by a slight warm bias that, in addition to increasing contrast in skies, also helps to enhance green, brown, and gold tones. It is compatible with the LEE 100mm system, via an optional 105mm accessory ring, and features a slimline profile to reduce the likelihood of vignetting on lenses as wide as 16-17mm.
A polarising filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polariser differs from a linear polariser in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for maintained image quality and is set within an aluminium filter ring. Due to its slim profile, this filter does not have front threads for stacking additional filters.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Benefitting landscape photographers, this filter has a slightly warm bias to enhance Earth tones in addition to increasing overall saturation.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Optical glass construction maintains image quality.
- Low profile aluminium filter ring helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
- When used in conjunction with the LEE 100mm holder system, vignetting will not occur with lenses as wide as 16-17mm when this filter is attached with the optional 105mm accessory ring and two filter slots are behind the filter. When mounted closer to the lens-either directly to the lens or with one rectangular filter slot-wider focal lengths may be used without vignetting.
|Filter Type||Circular Polariser|
|Filter Factor||3 (1.6 Stop)|
|Circular Size||105 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||Unthreaded|