Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D Lens (Sony A, Black)
- A-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22.
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements.
- Two Aspherical Elements.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #61667
- SKU: VE1228S
The Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D Lens (Sony A, Black) featuring a widest angle of view (122°) ever built with a f/2.8 lens, this is an ideal lens for a variety of types of photography. From landscape, architecture, interior, travel to the most important, astrophotography.
The lens is also the lightest and the most compact of its class and is good for everyday shooting. It also features a close-to-zero optical distortion, allowing photographers to take landscape/architecture shots with straight lines retained.
A water and dust repelling ‘Frog Eye Coating’ is added at the front element of the lens. Users can use CPL / ND filters by adding an optional Laowa 100mm filter holder system.
- Ultra wide-angle prime designed for full-frame Sony A-mount mirrorless cameras, this 12mm f/2.8 can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 18mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
- Rectilinear design renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit landscape and architectural applications.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for increased clarity and colour neutrality. Two aspherical elements are also featured to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- A Frog Eye Coating has been applied to repel both dust and moisture for added protection when working in inclement conditions.
- Manual focus design employs a floating optical system to maintain performance throughout the focusing range of 18cm to infinity.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood shields the lens from stray light to reduce flare and ghosting and also protects the front elements from accidental impacts.
|Lens Mount||Sony A|
|Angle of View||121.96°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.09" / 18 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Weight||1.3 lb / 609 g|