Marumi 62mm Variable ND2 Filter - ND400 DHG
- Adjustable ND2-ND400 light control
- Ultra thin screw thread black aluminium frame design
- Japanese optics and original light reducing material construction
The Marumi DHG Vari ND2-ND400 filter allows continuous variable light adjustment through ND2 to ND400. With one single filter the user can create different light densities by rotating the filter in the same way as a Polarising Filter works. The filter enables the photographer to use lower shutter speeds under very bright sunlight without altering the colour tone of the picture.
ND filters come in many strengths or different levels of densities for fine tuning exposures as well as various rates of transition:
- ND2 reduces amount of light to 50%
- ND4 reduces amount of light to 25%
- ND8 reduces amount of light to 12.5%
in other words:
- ND-2 absorbs 1 F-stop of light.
- ND-4 absorbs 2 F-stops of light.
- ND-8 absorbs 3 F-stops of light.