Metabones Canon EF Lens to Blackmagic 2.5k Cinema Camera T Speed Booster (Micro 4/3 Mount)
- Canon EF Lens to Blackmagic MFT Mount
- Increases Lens Speed by 1 1/3 Stop
- Increases Angle of View by 0.64x
- Reduces 35 mm Equivalent Crop to 1.53x
- Manual Setting of Lens Aperture
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #30720
- SKU: MB_SPEF-BMCC-BT1
Specifically designed to work with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera with Micro 4/3 mount, the Canon EF Lens to Blackmagic 2.5k Cinema Camera T Speed Booster from Metabones corrects your full frame Canon EF mount lens to work on the smaller sized sensor of your BMCC by shrinking the image circle of the lens to fit on the BMCC's sensor. The nett effect of this is to cancel out the crop factor to the image usually experienced when using a full frame lens on a smaller sized sensor, and to increase the effective speed of the lens by more than a stop. This adapter makes your lens 0.64x wider, and increases the maximum aperture by one and a third stops, as opposed to the standard Metabones MFT adapter that effectively widens the lens by 0.71x and increase the maximum f-stop by one stop. This adapter adjusts the crop factor of your camera from 2.39x to 1.53x, thus effectively transforming it into a Super 35 format cine camera. This adapter features improved internal flocking for reduced internal reflectionx compared to the previous verson.
You can also use the adapter on a Blackmagic Designs Pocket Cinema Camera, which has an active MFT mount. When using it with a camera with an active MFT mount, the camera powers the adapter, however, when mounted on a camera with a passive MFT mount such as on the BMCC or the Digital Bolex D16 MFT, you need to use an optional 5 VDC battery connected to the Speed Booster's Micro-USB socket. The speed booster houses a 32-bit processor supporting image stabilisation on IS compatible lenses. The speed booster houses a 32-bit processor.
Metabones Speed Boosters are made of precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera body and the lens side of the booster in order to ensure smooth mounting, quality aesthetic, and durability. This adapter has a detachable tripod foot that is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
Note: This adapter is designed specifically for Blackmagic Designs Cinema Camera with an MFT mount. It will work on a BMPCC as well, but may damage other cameras that use an MFT mount.
- Allows a full frame Canon EF lens to be mounted on an optional Blackmagic Cinema Camera, increasing the angle of view by 0.64x and increases the maximum aperture one and a third f/stop. This reduces the full-frame crop factor of the BMCC from 2.39x to 1.53x, essentially transforming it into a Super 35 format cine camera.
- Can be powered by an external 5 V Micro USB power supply and incorporates a jog-dial button to control aperture.
- Electronic integration of the camera's aperture is supported and controlled via the camera body. Autofocus is not supported but lens-based image stabilisation is supported and EXIF data is communicated.
- Third party EF mount lenses such as those by Sigma, Tamron and Tokina are compatible however third party zoom lenses may need to be registered with the Speed Booster first in order to detect their maximum aperture.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply is featured and the speed booster is powered by the camera body.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on speed booster and no adjustments are required to fit your lens. Both the camera-side and the lens-side of the speed booster are made of brass which is precision-machined and chrome-plated.
- The Speed Booster uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens. The exterior features a black satin surface finish.
- The speed booster features a detachable tripod foot which is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Interface||1 x Micro-USB|
|Tripod Mount||Removable with Arca Swiss compatibility|