(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The ADI-192 DD is a universal format and sample rate converter for use with any digital source/destination situation, but particularly as a digital front-end for RME's digital audio systems. The unit, housed in a single rack-space chassis consists of three, 8-channel format converters with 24-bit audio resolution.
The three output formats ADAT, TDIF and AES independently access the three input formats and due to a free selection of inputs, signals can be copied and distributed between all connected devices without the need for repatching any cables.
Four XLR AES/EBU inputs and outputs and two ADAT and TDIF inputs/outputs allow full 8-channel operation even at 24-bit/96kHz. At 192kHz, there are eight AES channels and four ADAT and TDIF channels.
Switchable 24-bit/192kHz sample rate converters allow 8-channel sample rate conversion and clock decoupling of the highest quality. Due to the unlimited input selection, the unit not only transfers data to the same output format, but can, for example be operated as a quad AES/EBU sample rate converter.
- Supports Double Wire, Quad Wire, S/MUX and S/MUX4, making it compatible to all methods of increasing sample rates by sample multiplexing on all platforms
- Convert between the three digital formats even while performing Sample Rate Conversion
- The AES output signal can be given a consumer or professional status. The first AES output (channels 1/2) is also available as optical TosLink
- Features an automatic distribution mode. If only one of the four AES inputs is used, the device will copy these two channels to the other three AES outputs
- Provides highly efficient jitter reduction. Any clock signal can be improved and refreshed and subsequently be used as reference clock at the word clock output
- If more than eight channels are required, several units can be cascaded and synchronized sample-accurately via word clock
4 x AES/EBU I/O (XLR)
2 x ADAT I/O (optical)
2 x TDIF I/O (D-sub)
1 x SPDIF I/O (optical)
Word Clock I/O
ADC: not applicable
DAC: not applicable
Sample Rates: Internal: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz
External: Accepts between 28kHz and 204kHz depending on clock source master
Analog In: none
Analog Outputs: none
Digital Input: 4 x XLR AES/EBU (24-bit up to 192kHz)
1 x TosLink optical S/PDIF (front panel), 2 x ADAT TosLink optical (24-bit up to 192kHz)
2 x 25-pin D-sub TDIF, shared with output (24-bit up to 192kHz), 2 x ADAT optical
Digital Output: 4 x XLR AES/EBU (24-bit up to 192kHz), 1 x TosLink optical S/PDIF (front panel)
2 x ADAT TosLink optical (24-bit up to 192kHz), 2 x 25-pin D-sub TDIF, shared with input (24-bit up to 192kHz)
Word Clock: 1 x BNC input, 1 x BNC output, 1 x BNC TDIF Wordclock output
Dynamic Range: Sample Rate Converter: 140dB RMS unweighted, 143dBA
Frequency Response: Not applicable
THD + N: Sample Rate Converter: -140dB
Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 9 1/2" x 1 3/4"
Weight: 4.4 lbs (2kg)
Specialties: All three digital outputs available simultaneously
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review