(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
RME MicstacyProduct #3332 | SKU MICSTASY |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- 8 Channel Microphone Preamp
- 8 Balanced TRS Line/Instrument Inputs with Hi-Z Option
- Large Frequency Range (200kHz) with EMI Input Filtering
- Symmetrical Hi-Pass Filter Per Channel
- Provides Near Click-Free Gain Changes
The Micstasy from RME is a full range, hi-end eight channel microphone/line preamp combined with an analogue to digital converter. The unit allows for amplification and digitisation of all analogue signal sources, including high-level stage signals, studio signals, lower level and high-impedance instruments, or dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones.
The analogue and digital outputs can be used simultaneously. Microphone and line inputs are available on the rear panel, while instrument inputs are available for all eight channels on the front panel. Each channel can be controlled individually in respect to input levels and phase, phantom power and filter switching, or grouped in any combination, up to all eight channels.
Digital outputs include eight channels of AES/EBU and dual ADAT Lightpipe connectors. Both formats can function at high sample rates. Wordclock I/O is available on dedicated BNC connectors. To avoid degrading signal integrity, RME chose to avoid the use of limiters and provide instead automatic gain reduction with selectable threshold. Even with this feature engaged, any channel can still be adjusted manually.
The Micstacy will function equally well on the road as in the studio. Aside from a microphone preamp, the unit can function as a splitter box for stage use, distribute digital signal and also includes features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck, SteadyClock, TotalGain, AutoSet, MIDI over MADI and remote control via MADI and MIDI.
- Eight channel microphone preamp with balanced XLR microphone/line inputs and 85 dB of gain range
- Analogue to digital convertors per channel, with eight channel AES/EBU output (up to 192 kHz,) dual-eight channel ADAT Lightpipe outputs (at 48 kHz) or eight channels (at 96 kHz)
- Eight balanced TRS line/instrument inputs with Hi-Z option
- High-end circuitry with four relays per channel and low-noise microphone front-end
- Large frequency range (200 kHz) with EMI input filtering
- Symmetrical hi-pass filter per channel
- Provides near click-free gain changes
- Eight balanced XLR line outputs
- Automatic gain reduction with multiple channel linking
- Wordclock input and output
- SyncCheck tests and reports the synchronisation status of the clock signals
- M/S encoding available for the digital output
- The current state of the unit can be stored in eight user preset locations
- LED level metre with thirteen LEDs per channel
- Fully remote controllable via MIDI
- Noise suppression on power-on and power-off at the analogue outputs
- MIDI I/O
- Optional MADI I/O card available
|Number of Channels||8|
|Inputs||8 x XLR Microphone/Line
8 x 1/4" TRS Instrument/Line (front-panel)
1 x BNC Wordclock
|Output||8 x XLR
1 x 25-pin D-sub AES/EBU
2 x ADAT Lightpipe
1 x BNC Wordclock
|Multi Function||Analogue to digital convertor|
|Gain Range||85 dB|
|Maximum Output Level||+27 dBu|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 100 kHz, -0.1 dB|
|Noise||112.4 dB RMS, unweighted|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||19 x 9-1/2 x 3-1/2" (483 x 242 x 89 mm)|
|Specialities||24-bit analogue to digital convertor with 8 channels of AES/EBU output at sample rates of up to 192kHz
Two ADAT Lightpipe outputs deliver 8 channels at 96 kHz, or act as an ADAT splitter at 48 kHz
In The Box
- RME Micstacy
- AC Power Cable
- 2 m Optical Cable
- Driver Software CD-ROM
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review