FL Studio 10 Producer Edition from Image-Line is a complete software music production environment that includes virtual instruments, effects, mixing capabilities, and direct audio recording functionality with ASIO drivers and an appropriate audio interface. An "open standards" and "modular" design supports industry standard plug-in formats so you can use instrument and effects from third party manufacturers including VST1 to 3 (64- or 32-bit). Import and export all popular audio formats such as WAV, MP3 and OGG, among many others.
With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs from an audio-interface, the software has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar or a full symphony orchestra with extremely flexible audio routing for mixing or creating effect chains. FL Studio 10 can simultaneously function as a pattern and track based sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as desired. The Playlist presents timeline as a virtual 'canvas' where each Playlist track can simultaneously hold any number of score, audio and automation events.
The FL Studio Mixer includes 99 stereo insert-tracks that can hold up to 8 effects (VST, DX or FL's Native format). Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs and outputs to multi-input effects plug-ins. Also included are more than 40 effects spanning maximization, limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic and parametric), filtering, phasing, flanging, chorus, vocoding and reverb. Over 30 software synthesizers cover acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, with multi-sampler tools that include piano and strings, general sample playback and beat-slicing (with Rex 1 and 2 support).
Synthesizer plug-ins span subtractive, modeling, FM, RM, granular and additive synthesis modes. With the addition of FL SynthMaker can even create and share your own FL instruments, effects and MIDI control dashboards without the need to write basic code. If you understand synthesizers and FX you will be working with FL SynthMaker in minutes. Finally, when purchasing FL Studio 10 an online account is created from where you can update FL Studio each time a new version is released, for free.
What you can do with Producer edition?
- Producer edition rounds out FL Studios capabilities with: Comprehensive audio recording and manipulation capabilities
and Audio and Automation Clips.
- Full audio recording and post-production. Producer edition allows you to record external and internal audio. Record up to the maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks your computer and audio interface (soundcard) can support.
- Access to the Playlist Pattern, Audio and Automation Clips for arranging, chopping, stretching, time-shifting any Audio, Notes and Automation.
- Use the flexible Automation Clip based automation to overlay audio, notes in the Playlist and hand-draw/edit point & curve based splines.
- With the addition of audio-focussed plugins such as Edison, Slicex and Vocodex to help you chop, loop and perform audio in creative ways.
- Synthmaker, a modular synthesizer and effects creation environment with unlimited potential.
- 64 bit plug-in support
- "New pattern" button on the Channel Window/Step Sequencer
- Small scrollbars in Piano roll, Event Editor, Playlist
- Horizontal zoom and improved memory management
- Improved audio options
- Autosave/Autobackup - set to back up the current project at 5 to 15 minute intervals
- Access to Playlist Pattern Clips for unlimited scoring and automation flexibility
- Resize Playlist tracks and preview/playback tool in Playlist
- Time segment options - beats has been added to Piano Roll view
- Lock Playlist tracks to clips
- Shift + Mouse Wheel moves Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks and Patterns
- Playlist Preview Tool
- Individually sizable Playlist tracks - individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size
- Live Playlist marker types can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for innovative live performances
- Ctrl+B duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection)
- Save as sheet music
- Magic lasso - circle mouse around notes or clips without clicking to make a selection
- Edit ghost notes and Cycle Piano Rolls
- Vertical zoom - notes include properties view
- Note stretch handle and piano roll wave-display
- Piano Roll and Playlist sync
- Ctrl+B duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection)Rounded notes view
- Newtone (demo) - pitch correction and time manipulation editor - slice, correct, edit vocals, instrumentals and other recordings
- Pitcher (demo) - real-time pitch-correction, manipulation and harmonization plug-in that can correct and create 4 voice harmonies under MIDI control from a keyboard or the Piano Roll
- Patcher (included) - chain effects and or plug-ins to create complete chains that can be quickly loaded in new projects
- ZGameEditor Visualizer (included) - visualization effect plug-in with movie render capability based on the free, open source ZgameEditor
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection and slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc.)
- Automate most interface and all plug-in parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links
- Can be hosted in other DAWs as a VST plug-in or connected through ReWire
- Live music performance including video effect visualization
- Mix and remix audio including apply real-time audio effects including delay, reverb and filtering
- Multi-track audio recording
- Record and play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers
- Sequencing and arranging
- Synthesizer and effect plug-in hosting (VST 32- and 64-bit, DX and FL Native format)
- Producer Edition includes a generic sample CD
Note: For Intel Mac users who wish to use this program, please note that Windows XP or Vista is not included in the Mac operating system and is a separate purchase.