(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Pioneer RMX-1000 Remix Station may appear to be a standard DJ rig effector at a glance. A closer look reveals a host of truly viable features that excel in the DJ booth and production studio alike. The RMX-1000 has a stereo input and output, connecting by either RCA or 1/4" TRS connectors. Its layout is divided into 4 sections that include Scene FX, Isolator FX, Release FX, and a Touch Pad. You can instantly overdub and sync custom patterns to the tracks playing from external decks or DJ software, and quantize patterns for even tighter syncing capabilities. Easily create rolls and drum fills that can be triggered in realtime. The RMX-1000 comes with a set of stock synth-drum sounds, and an SD-card slot that allows you to create and trigger custom samples via Pioneer's remixbox software. Edited parameters, effects, and samples can easily be saved on SD-cards. In addition to all of this, the RMX-1000 connects over USB to support usage as a VST and AU with your favorite DAW software. Call the RMX-1000 up as a plug-in and take advantage of all its features and MIDI control in your music production as well as your live DJ sets.
- Build Up and Break Down effects are used as titled. The RMX-1000 has five of each. Build Up effects: BPF Echo, Echo, Noise, Spiral Up, and Reverb Up. Break Down effects: HPF Echo, LPF Echo, Crush Echo, Spiral Down, and Reverb Down. A large knob and two sub-parameter knobs can morph and change the effects in realtime.
- Low, mid, and high frequency output levels can be individually controlled with three knobs in the Isolate FX section. Three additional effects (Cut/Add, Trans/Roll, Gate/Drive) can create rhythm patterns, timbral changes, etc.
- The X-Pad FX touchpad section has four built-in effects; Kick, Snare, Clap, and Hi Hat. Users can develop and edit additional sounds in Pioneer's remixbox software. They can be inserted in realtime using the RMX-1000's SD card slot.
- Release FX separates the original music from all of the RMX-1000's effects. At the pull of a level, it stops one while the other continues. It can function both ways, stopping the music or the effects. The Release FX lever can create three different stop sounds, Vinyl Brake, Echo, and Back Spin.
- Quantize function enables real-time music analysis and synchronization of effects along with the beat of the music.
- New Auto BPM function automatically measures and follows the tempo of music.
- Compact design for portability.
- Usable as a MIDI controller over USB.
Inputs 1 × RCA stereo pair
2 × 1/4" TRS
Outputs 1 × RCA stereo pair 1 × 1/4" TRS stereo pair
USB 1 × USB B port
Sampling Rate 48kHz
Converters 24-bit, A/D and D/A
Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
THD ≤ 0.005%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 102 dB, set to Send/Return (-10 dB) 98 dB, set to Master (+4 dB)
Input Level -10 dBV/22kΩ or greater, Send/Return (-10 dB) +4 dBu/22k&937; or greater, Master (+4 dB)
Output Level -10 dBV/10k/1k or less, Send/Return (-10 dB) +4 dBu/10k/1k or less, Master (+4 dB)
Headroom 20 dB
Software remixbox, RMX-1000 Plug-in
Temperature Tolerable operating temperature: 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C) Tolerable operating humidity: 5 to 85% (no condensation)
Power Supply Power: AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz Rated current: 0.4A Consumption: 1.4A
Dimensions (WxDxH) 13.14 x 6.18 x 2.24" (334 x 157 x 57 mm)
Weight 2.86 lbs (1.3 kg)