The Rycote - Windshield Kit AF is the professionals' choice when maximum isolation from wind and handling noise is required. This complete modular system can be configured to allow almost any microphone to be shock-mounted and provided with varying degrees of windshielding. Components may be ordered separately, or as one of a series of kits, which simplify the selection process for many common configurations.
A Full Windshield Kit is comprised of the following three main components:
Modular Suspension - Provides complete isolation against handling noise and cable-borne noises, by supporting the microphone in a cradle arrangement using Lyre suspension webs.
Windshield - Completely surrounds the microphone and its connector, sliding onto the Modular Suspension to provide up to 30dB of wind noise attenuation. This is the first layer of windshielding protection for your microphone.
Windjammer™ - Is high quality synthetic fur covers, designed to fit perfectly over the Modular Windshield. It gives an additional 20dB of wind noise attenuation. Fitted with a drawstring & toggle to allow snug and easy fitting.
- A modular suspension mount
- A Windshield
- A Windjammer
- 30mm grey lyres (82 shore) on riser
- More versatile: fewer combinations cover a wider range of possible MS configurations
- Hytrel Plastic Construction - A material called Hytrel is used on the end rings and shield. The material aids in creating the "dead" space necessary for quiet operation.
- Lighter and easier to set up
- Better isolation from shocks and vibrations
- More robust: elastic bands have been replaced by the virtually unbreakable Lyre suspensions
- Accommodates Paired & Single Stereo Mics
- Fits Schoeps CMC/MK Series
- Fits Sennheiser MKH 30/40
- Width: 150mm
- Height: 150mm
- Body windshield length: 240mm
- Total length: 400mm
Note! Microphone and Connbox are not included