(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Rycote - Modular Windshield 4 is a professional windscreen intended for use with microphones used in field audio applications such as film, ENG/EFP and professional video. The Windshield is a lightweight and durable basket made from flexible grey plastic netting with a screening material attached. It slides on to the Modular Suspension surrounding the whole microphone, connector and suspension. This system creates a still volume of air around the microphone, which provides excellent wind-noise reduction of up to 30dB, including minimal High-Frequency loss.
A Modular Windshield is comprised of: A Windshield body, two end caps, and in some cases extension pieces. The twist and turn locking end caps provide easy, secure and rattle-free on both ends of the windshield. Both end caps can now be removed, facilitating easier placement of the microphone inside the basket.
Suitable for - shotgun microphones from 211mm up ton 280mm in length, with Medium Modular Suspension
- Hytrel Plastic Construction - A material called Hytrel is used on the end rings and shield. The material aids in creating the "dead" space necessary for quiet operation.
- Interlocking Ends - Modular locking end rings provide quick and easy replacement of dented ends and modular extensions.
- Lightweight, durable windshield baskets are robust enough to withstand the rigours of Broadcast and ENG whatever the weather
- The modular nature means our windshields can fit a variety of length microphones making them very versatile
- The Windshield is designed to be used with our Modular Suspensions and together provide excellent wind and handling noise reduction
- Width: 100mm
- Height: 100mm
- Body windshield length: 330mm
- Total Length: 450mm
- Weight: .34kg