(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The AT4047/SV is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 48V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 single channel and CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies.
Output from the microphone’s XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc. An integral 80 Hz high-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The high-pass position reduces the microphone’s sensitivity to popping in close vocal use.
It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
In use, secure the cable to the mic stand or boom, leaving a slack loop at the mic. This will ensure the most effective shock isolation and reduce the possibility of accidentally pulling the microphone out of its mount.
Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110° F (43° C) for extended periods.
Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Transformer-coupled output and a specially tuned element provide warm sonic characteristics reminiscent of early F.E.T. studio microphone designs
- Exceptionally wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high SPL capability for maximum versatility
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise cardioid pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –35 dB (17.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Maximum Imput Sound Level: 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 9 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 140 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise-Ratio: 85 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Phantom Power Reqirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Switches: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: (less accessories) 14.5 oz (410 g)
- Dimensions: 6.69" (170.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accesories Furnished: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case