(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Meet the studio condenser that captures every nuance. With three switchable polar patterns, the large-diaphragm Audio-Technica AT4050SM exhibits a remarkable combination of qualities: high-SPL capability with transparent and airy uppers/mids complemented by rich low-end qualities. Its dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged for consistent, outstanding performance. A precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle provides rock-solid element stability and exceptional sensitivity. Supplied with AT8449 shockmount. Also available as the AT4050SC with the AT8430 isolation stand clamp.
Ideal for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
Audio-Technica's AT4050SM. For performance that legends are made of.
- Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Three switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with Audio-Technica's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Also available as the AT4050SC with the AT8430 isolation stand clamp
|Element||Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser|
|Frequency Response||20-18,000 Hz|
|Low Frequency Roll Off||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||-36 dB (15.8 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)|
|Dynamic Range||132 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Phantom Power Requirements||48V DC, 4.2 mA typical|
|Dimensions||7.40" (188.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter|
|Accessories||AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case|