(based on 2 ratings) Thanks for your rating!
The Rode NTK Microphone is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone which employs Class-A valve circuitry resulting in a warm sonic character. The NTK is designed for vocal and general instrument recording, while providing the sonic character found in higher priced tube microphones. The capsule features a mylar dual diaphragm, sputtered in gold to provide transparent signal reproduction and wide frequency response.
The G.E. 6072 Twin Triode Valve is the core of the NTK's circuitry, providing an analog "warmth" and presence that meets the standards of the most demanding engineers. The microphone features a custom built, Mu-metal transformer developed by Jensen Transformers. The end result is quiet, noise-free output at high gain levels. The NTK features a separate power supply, providing +48 volt phantom power. In addition, variations of cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns provide a total of 9 selectable patterns.
The Rode NTK features the G.E. 6072 Twin Triode valve at the heart of its circuitry. The result is a warm sonic character found in higher priced tube microphones
Quality Transformer Design
The custom-designed, Jensen Mu-metal transformer provides a low-noise high gain signal path on output.
9 Polar patterns
Variations of cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 provide a total of 9 selectable polar patterns.
Separate Power Supply
A separate power supply provides +48 volts of phantom power.
- RC-2 Hard Plastic Case
- M-2 Stand Mount
- NTR-C 30' (10 m) Multicore Cable
- NTK-P Power Supply
- PL100 Power Cable
- 3/8 - 5/8" Thread Adapter
- 1-Year Warranty
- Transducer: Externally Polarized 1" (25mm) Pressure-Gradient Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, (±6dB)
- Dynamic Range (Typical): > 147dB (A-Weighted, per IEC268-15)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 82dB (A-Weighted, per IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: > 158dB, (@ 1kHz, 5% THD into 1k Load)
- Power Requirements: 48V DC Phantom, Provided by External Power Supply
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms (100 Ohms per Leg)
- Proprietary Connector and Cable to Included Power Supply
- XLR-3M Type (from Power Supply's Output)
- Pad: None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: None
- Microphone: 8.32 x 2.2" (208 x 55mm) LxD
- Power Supply: 9 x 5 x 3.5" (228.6 x 127 x 88.9mm) LxWxD
- Microphone: 26.8 oz (760g)
- Power Supply: 7.49 lbs (3.4kg)