The AT825 requires 5-52V DC phantom power, or a 1.5V AA battery for operation. A battery need not be in place for phantom power operation.
Battery installation: Unscrew the upper section of the microphone body to reveal the battery compartment. Insert a fresh 1.5V AA battery in the handle compartment (“+” end up), then reassemble the microphone. Alkaline batteries are recommended for longest life. Remove the battery during long-term storage.
Output for each stereo channel is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The balanced signals appear across Pin 2 and 3 for the left channel, Pins 4 and 5 for the right channel. Pin 1 is ground (shield) for both channels. Output is “Pins 2 and 4 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pins 2 and 4.
Locating the AT825 nearer the sound source enhances the width of the stereo image, while decreasing room ambience. Conversely, as the mic position moves away from the sound source, a narrower left/right stereo image results and more of the “room sound” is noted.
The high sensitivity of the AT825 assures useful output and an excellent match to most inputs. However, the microphone’s high output may overload some sensitive electronic input stages under some conditions. Many pre-amps and mixers include a mic pad or input attenuator control to prevent overload; or, use an AT8202 attenuator or equal at the input.
Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110° F (43° C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Designed for broadcast and professional recording, and DAT field use
- Pair of closely-matched cardioid elements provides the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field
- Compact, lightweight design is perfect for camera-mount use
- Excellent channel separation
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Elements: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: X/Y stereo
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 150 Hz, 6 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –47 dB (4.4 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
- Channel Balance: =2.5dB
- Impedance: 200 ohms balanced
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 126 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Signal-To-Noise ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Dynamic Range (typical): 102 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Phantom Power Requirements: 5-52V DC, 2 mA typical (each channel)
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life: (intermittent use): 2 mA / 1000 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (recessed)
- Weight (less cable and accessories): 8.5 oz (240 g)
- Dimensions: 8.43" (214.0 mm) long, 2.44" (62.0 mm) head width, 0.83" (21.0 mm) body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 16.5' (5 m) long, 8 conductors under two shields, vinyl-jacketed, stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF- type connector at microphone end, two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end.
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; battery; AT8120 windscreen; soft protective pouch.