The Rode NT6 is a professional general purpose condenser microphone that exhibits the convenience of flexible placement, making it a strong candidate for instrument capturing in recording and sound reinforcement applications. Capitalizing on the success of the renowned NT5, the engineers at Rode implement it's cardioid capsule into the miniature design of the NT6.
The NT6 features a detached microphone head (capsule) and body (output stage). A 10-foot (3 meter) Kevlar reinforced cable attaches the two components and enables flexible microphone mounting and placement. The NT6 features a cardioid polar pattern which effectively minimizes noise due to off-axis ambient audio and feedback. A -10dB Pad switch provides added head room, allowing excessively loud signals - such as brass and percussion - to be captured without noise or distortion. A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates low frequency noise and rumble below 80Hz.
Miniature Detached Capsule and Body
A 10-foot (3 meter) Kevlar reinforced microphone cable join the miniature capsule and output stage. This design provides endless mounting possibilities on instruments, room ambiance capturing and more.
The 2-position swivel mount allows both horizontal and vertical pivoting of the capsule for accurate positioning. Also included are 2 thread adapters - 1/4" to 5/8" and 1/4" to 3/8" enabling attachment to virtually any microphone stand.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The cardioid polar pattern effectively suppresses off-axis audio, reducing residual noise caused by ambiance and feedback.
Low Frequency Roll-Off
A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates noise and rumble below 80Hz.
A -10 dB Pad switch provides added head-room for capturing signals that exhibit excessive level and transients. The pad allows these signals to be captured without noise caused by distortion and overload.
- Rode NT6 Miniature Microphone
- 10-Foot (3 Meter) Kevlar Cable (Between Capsule and Body)
- RM5 Stand Mount
- 2-Position Swivel Mount
- 1/4" to 5/8" Thread Adapter
- 1/4" to 3/8" Thread Adapter
- WS5 Windshield
- Protective Pouch
- 10 Year Warranty
- Transducer: Externally Polarized 1/2" (13mm) Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 20kHz Selectable HPF
@ 80Hz/12dB/octave (see graphs over)
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 119dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 75dB (1kHz rel 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 138dB (@ 1% THD into 1k ohms)
148dB (@ 1% THD into 1k ohms) - pad at maximum
- Power Requirements: 48 Volts (P48)
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3 pin XLR, balanced output
- Pad: -10dB Pad
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80Hz Low Frequency Roll-Off
- Capsule: 4.66 x .78" (118.4 x 20mm) (Length x Diameter)
- Main Body: 3.48 x 2.52 x .78" (88.5 x 64 x 20mm) (L x H x D)
- Kevlar Cable (Between Capsule and Body): 10-Feet (3 meters)
- Weight: 386g (12.41 oz)