The Sennheiser MKH8020 - Condenser Omni Microphone is a professional low-profile condenser intended for crucial ambiance or close-microphone recording. The modular design consists of the MKHC-8020 omnidirectional capsule and the MZX-8000 XLR module / output stage.
The capsule features a symmetrical transducer with two back-plates resulting in extremely low distortion. The wide frequency response provides exceptional detail and transparency. With its pristine audio quality and compact design the MKH-8020 is ideal for orchestral recordings, instrument capturing, stereo recordings, etc.
- Omnidirectional Pickup - The omnidirectional polar pattern provides a generous pickup pattern at the direct and off-axis sections of the capsule. The pattern is ideal for use as a "mid" microphone in M/S stereo recording.
- Modular Design - The modular design consists of the MKHC-8020 omnidirectional capsule and the MZX-8000 XLR module / output stage.
- Symmetrical Transducer - The capsule features a symmetrical transducer with two back-plates resulting in extremely low distortion.
- Wide Frequency Response - A wide frequency response of 10Hz to 50kHz ensures accurate reproduction of instruments, ambiance, vocals, etc.
- Microphone head MKHC 8020
- XLR module MZX 8000
- Microphone clip MZQ 8000
- Windshield MZW 8000
- User manual
- Aluminium transport caser
- Modular Design
- Ideal for Ambiance Recordings
- Includes Capsule and XLR Module
- Omni-directional pick-up pattern
- Modular design
- Wide frequency response 10 to 50.000 Hz
- Symmetrical transducer with 2 backplates providing extremly low distortion
- Extremely low inherent self-noise
- Accurate directional pattern
- Non reflective Nextel coating
- Transducer principle (Microphone): RF condenser microphone
- Pick-up pattern: omni-directional
- Frequency response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 31 mV/Pa (- 30 dBV/Pa)
- Nominal impedance: 25 Ohm
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ohm
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive): 138 dB SPL
- Equivalent noise level: 10 dB(A)
- Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3: 21 dB
- Phantom powering: 48 V +/- 4V
- Current consumption: 3,3 mA
- Audio output: XLR-3M balanced, transformerless, floating
- Dimensions: D=19 mm, L=74 mm (41 mm excluding XLR module)
- Weight: 55g (25 g excluding XLR module)