(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Output from the microphone’s XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc. For a high-impedance (Hi-Z) mic input, connect a Lo-Z balanced cable to a Hi-Z matching transformer (Audio-Technica CP8201 or equal) at the equipment input.
The microphone is RoHS compliant–free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances.
Take care to keep foreign particles from entering the windscreen. An accumulation of iron or steel filings on the diaphragm, and/or foreign material in the windscreen's mesh surface, can degrade performance.
- Extended-length handle is ideal for on-location interviews and sports broadcasting
- Omnidirectional polar pattern provides natural reproduction of surrounding ambience
- Rugged housing with hardened-steel grille stands up to field use
- Internal shock mounting minimizes handling and cable noise
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 80-16,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –51 dB (2.8 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
- Impedance: 300 ohms
- Weight: 215 g (7.6 oz)
- Dimensions: 239.5 mm (9.43") long, 35.8 mm (1.41") head diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review