Legendary among harmonica players for its classic blues harp sound, the Shure 520D's tradition is carried on by the Shure 520DX "Green Bullet" Harmonica Microphone, which has a contoured size and shape that fits perfectly between harmonica and hands.
- The classic 'blues harp' microphone
- Fits perfectly between harp and hands
- Rugged, dynamic design that requires no power
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Volume control knob allows musicians to adjust volume to fit each musical situation
- Rugged, dynamic cartridge with very good response
- Supplied with 1/4" connector
Connect the 520DX directly into a guitar amplifier to produce the classic blues harp sound. Use the following guidelines:
- The volume control on the microphone should be turned down before plugging it into an amplifier. As you move away from the amplifier, the volume can be turned up.
- Adjust the microphone's volume control knob during performances as needed. For example, when switching from playing rhythm to lead or to place the microphone on standby between sets.
- To avoid feedback, maintain as much distance as possible from monitors or loudspeakers. Adjust the volume of monitors or loudspeakers at the mixing console so that no feedback is present when the volume control knob on the harmonica microphone is at its maximum setting.
- NOTE: The volume setting of the guitar amplifier may have a significant effect on the overall tone produced. Experiment with different microphone and amplifier volume settings to achieve the desired effect.
|Transducer||Pressure Gradient Dynamic|
|Frequency Response||100 Hz - 5 kHz|
|Power Requirements||None Dynamic, Requires No Phantom or Battery Power|
|Output Impedance||High, Unbalanced|
|Output Connectors||1/4" Unbalanced Type|
Note: The 520DX can be rewired for low impedance, but this disables the volume control. Contact the Shure Applications Group at (847) 866-2525 for more information.
|Dimensions||82.6 x 63mm LxDiamster|
|Weight||(Including Attached Cable) 737g|