Authorised N.Z. SHURE dealer (12 month warranty)
The Shure WCM16 headworn condenser microphone is intended for professional use with wireless bodypack systems and offers the highest quality of sound resembling the finest conventional vocal microphones.
What is the WCM16 best suited to?
The Shure Model WCM16 headworn hypercardioid condenser microphone is ideally suited to professional performers, lecturers, and others who require the highest quality voice pickup with maximum mobility. Its wide frequency response, low RF susceptibility and reliable operation at temperature and humidity extremes make the WCM16 suitable for virtually any vocal application.
What is the best position for the mic?
Miniaturized active circuitry included in the cartridge assembly provides equalization that tailors the low-frequency response to resemble the warm proximity effect of larger vocal microphones. Because of this low-end response, it is not necessary to position the microphone directly in front of the mouth, thus avoiding popping and breath noise, even without the supplied foam pop screen.
The microphone's hypercardioid unidirectional pickup pattern provides maximum isolation from ambient noise and from adjacent sound sources such as musical instruments, loudspeakers and other performers. This permits higher gain-before-feedback without loss or masking of vocals.
- Extra lightweight, adjustable headband stays secure and virtually disappears while being worn
- Response comparable to finest conventional vocal microphones
- Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from vocalist's own instrument and those of other performers
- Uniform polar pattern at all frequencies for maximum gain before feedback
- High input clipping level eliminates overload distortion
- Cable terminates as 4-pin mini connector
- Supplied acoustic foam pop screen
- Reliable at temperature and humidity extremes
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -55 dBV/Pa / 1,77 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 29 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure: 150 dB
- Weight: 36 g