The AT4073a is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 single-channel or CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies.
Output from the microphone’s XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
An integral 150 Hz high-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110° F (43° C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Designed for critical long-distance pickup in broadcasting, film/TV production, and theater sound reinforcement applications
- Direct-coupled, balanced output ensures a clean signal even in high-output conditions
- Exclusive acoustic design provides same directivity as mics up to 50% longer (U.S. Patent No. 4,789,044)
- Rugged housing made of lightweight structural-grade aluminum alloy
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low-Frequency Roll Off: 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –23 dB (70.8 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 126 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 14 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 80 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 3.2 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Weight (less accessories): 4.0 oz (114 g)
- Dimensions: 9.13" (232.0 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) body diameter
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case