(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The AT8035 requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power or a 1.5V AA battery for operation. A battery need not be in place for phantom power operation.
Battery installation: Unscrew the lower section of the microphone body, just below the nameplate. Insert a fresh 1.5V AA battery in the handle compartment (“+” end up), then reassemble the microphone. Alkaline batteries are recommended for longest life. Remove the battery during long-term storage.
Output from the microphone’s XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.
An integral 80 Hz high-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
The microphone is RoHS compliant–free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances.
Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110° F (43° C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Length is well-suited for ENG, outdoor recording and other specialized uses
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: –38 dB (12.5 mV) /
Battery: –39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
Phantom: 250 ohms
Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level
Phantom: 132 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
Battery: 120 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (TYPICAL)
Phantom: 110 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- BatteryType: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current / Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Weight: 170 g (6.0 oz)
- Dimensions: 369.0 mm (14.53") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8132 windscreen; battery; protective carrying case
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review