Behringer EuroDesk SX3282 Mixer has been discontinued, here are some related products you might like:
Ultra-Low Noise Design 32-Input 8-Bus Studio/Live Mixer with XENYX Mic Preamplifiers and British EQs
If you're looking for old-school analog handling in a package armed to the teeth with modern reliability, the search is over. This mixer's British EQ, 24 mic inputs (each with its own built-in studiograde XENYX preamp), 8 stereo inputs and 8 buses give you enough leeway to craft the recording of your dreams or create the perfect mix for a live show.
What the Heck is "British EQ"?
British EQ is a smashing thing to have on your side when you start reaching for those channel equalization knobs at a live concert or in the studio.
The EQ's on British consoles from the 60s and 70s are what many engineers believe does their sound the best justice. When it comes to tweaking your sound, they're kind, gentle and above all, musical. It's like drinking a fine scotch instead of fortified wine—or maybe receiving a warm hug instead of a kick to the crotch.
British EQ's distinct configuration of wider curves/lower Q and harmonic phase characteristics allows you to add or subtract EQ more generously than you can with conventional EQ circuit designs. When you add low midrange, you get a firmer sound instead of a nasty bonk. When you back high frequencies off a bit, treble backs off just a hair instead of turning muffled.
Inputs / Outputs
Some manufacturers make what they call 32-input mixers that count features like CD/TAPE IN as an input. But the SX3282 really gives you 24 mono channels and four stereo channels (with two 1/4" inputs apiece—an additional 8 inputs), making it easy to accommodate a wide variety of studio or live performance configurations. That means you can connect up to 24 microphones or other mono instruments and up to four stereo instruments (keyboards, for example). You also get eight buses, allowing you to assign multiple channels—say all the mics on a drum kit or all the backup singers' mics—to a single fader.
Best of all, you don't need a black belt in engineering to operate the SX3282. The mono channels are grouped along two-thirds of the board, featuring dials in uniform primary colors (Gain in white; EQ in blue; AUX in red; Pan in black). Sub groups are located next door to the Main and Mono faders in the bottom right corner. Directly above, there's a handy built-in talkback mic that sends signal to your AUX 1-2 monitors via a push button, as well as a multi-purpose 13-LED master level meter to give you a dynamic visual gauge of the selected output.
The SX3282's intuitive patch bay makes it equally at home in the club or studio. You get two balanced XLR MAIN outputs as well as a two 1/4" TRS MAIN outs. There's also a 1/4" MONO OUT (perfect for a subwoofer output). Eight SUBGROUP OUT jacks allow you to send your buses to an external recording device. This section also includes AUX SEND jacks for connection to monitors, CD/ TAPE input and output jacks, and FX send/return jacks for use with outboard effects processors. Directly below, you'll fi nd the 1/4" headphone/ control room out jack.
- Ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer for studio, live, front-of-house, monitor, corporate and touring audio applications
- 24 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power plus 4 stereo Line inputs
- Neo-classic "British" 4-band EQ (stereo channels) and 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mid band (mono channels) for warm and musical sound
- 8 subgroups with independent Pan controls, Solo and Main functions and insert connections
- Clip and -20 dB LEDs plus Low Cut, Mute, Solo/PFL, Subgroup and Main routing switches on all channels
- 8 Aux sends per channel: 4 pre/post fader switchable for flexible routing
- Main Aux sends with Level controls and Solo functions
- 4 multi-functional stereo Aux returns featuring Level and Balance controls, Solo and extensive routing functions
- Solo-In-Place with PFL function plus full-featured Talkback, Phones and Monitor section
- Inserts on all mono channels, subgroups and main
- Balanced inputs and Main outputs for highest signal integrity
- High-precision, 13-segment LED meter for main mix
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
For more information and downloadable PDFs visit the product page at Behringer.com