Note: Meter Bridge option (shown) is additional
The TascamDM-4800 is their full featured, flagship digital console with enough input and output routing for large-scale recording applications, live-sound recording and more. The mixer features 48-channels and 16-returns for a total of 64-channels at mix-down. 24 input channels feature XLR microphone, balanced 1/4" phone line and analog inserts for routing to external processors. Among the digital I/O are three TDIF ports for connecting compatible 24-channel digital recorders, DAW hardware, etc.
Eight channels of ADAT light-pipe, S/PDIF and AES/EBU connections are also standard. A flat channel strip section provides easy access to channel control such as, aux sends, compression, EQ settings, etc. All channels feature LED ring encoders for pan, aux sends and EQ; providing an intuitive display without maneuvering through a menu-driven LCD display.
The on-board dual effects processor provides TC reverb and additional effects. With features that include 64-channels at mix-down, 24-buses, 24 mic/line inputs, 16-returns, automation support for your favorite DAW software and internal TC effects, the Tascam DM-4800 rivals digital consoles at double the cost. The DM-4800 delivers the power and flexibility for efficient use in professional studios, project studios, live sound recording, production studios, etc.
Full 24-Bit 96kHz Support
The DM-4800 features full 24-bit / 96kHz resolution without sacrificing channels or features.
64 Total Channels at Mix-Down
With 48 channels and 16 returns, the DM-4800 boasts a total of 64 input channels at mix-down.
DAW Software Automation Support
The console features built-in DAW control of all major applications.
24-Channel TDIF Connections
Without any additional expansion options, the DM-4800 hosts 24-channels of TDIF and eight channels of ADAT optical inputs and outputs.
New Channel Strip Controls
A fully functional channel-strip offers control over dynamics, EQ settings and aux settings without roaming through menus on the LCD.
LED Ring Indicators
All input channels feature LED ring indicators for straightforward pan, aux and EQ settings.
Additional expansion cards are available for additional digital and analog connections including, AES/EBU, ADAT light-pipe, analog and FireWire connection to computers.
Flexible Bus Routing
The DM-4800 features 24-buses for flexible routing to outboard recorders, DAW's, etc.
- 48 channels and 16 returns for 64 total inputs
- 24 busses
- 12 Aux Sends
- 24 mic/line inputs with analog inserts plus phantom power for condenser mics
- 24 channels of TDIF and 8 channels of ADAT built in
- 4 expansion card slots support optional FireWire, ADAT, AES/EBU, Analog, TDIF and Surround Monitoring cards
- Dedicated cascade port supports cascade of two DM-4800s
- Channel Strip section for EQ, Dynamics and Aux control of selected channel
- Per channel LED ring encoders for pan, aux sends and EQ
- Built-in DAW control layer compatible with Pro Tools®, Logic Pro™, SONAR™, Cubase™, Nuendo™, and Digital Performer™
- Transport buttons control DAW software, RS-422 devices or MMC devices
- Powerful automation with touch-sensitive motorized faders
- 4-band EQ, compression and gating on each channel
- Compression for each aux, buss and main output
- Two built-in effects processors, each able to run TC Reverb programs
- Flexible routing allows any input to be routed to any channel or output
- Offload data to convenient Compact Flash media using built-in CF slot
- Optional MU-1000 meter bridge (as shown)
- Maximum overall dimensions (w x d x h) including rest: 36.75" x 32.4" x 9.1" (933mm x 824mm x 230mm)
- Weight: 71lbs (35kg)
Rear Panel Connections
- (24) XLR mic/line inputs with analog inserts plus phantom power for condenser mics
- (24) 1/4" TRS Analog inserts
- (24) Balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs
- (3x) 8-channel TDIF digital inputs and outputs
- 8-channel ADAT optical digital input and output
- 4 expansion card slots support optional FireWire, ADAT, AES/EBU, Analog & TDIF cards (listed below)
- (2) Stereo AES/EBU digital inputs on XLR connectors
- (2) Stereo S/PDIF digital inputs on coaxial connectors
- (2) Stereo AES/EBU digital outputs on XLR connectors
- (2) Stereo S/PDIF digital outputs on coaxial connectors
- Stereo XLR balanced line outputs
- 1/4" Stereo TRS balanced Large Monitor outputs
- 1/4" Stereo TRS balanced Small Monitor outputs
- Stereo 1/4" TRS balanced Studio outputs
- Stereo RCA 2-Track input
- (8) 1/4" TRS balanced Assignable Insert sends
- (8) 1/4" TRS balanced Assignable insert returns
- RCA Timecode input
- MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors
- BNC Word Sync Input and Out/Thru with termination
- GPI output for parallel control
- RS-422 connector for device control
- USB 1.1 connector
- 1/4" Footswitch jack
- Dedicated cascade port supports cascade of two DM-4800 mixers
- Connector for (optional) MU-1000 24-channel meter bridge