(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Allen & Heath AB168 Portable AudioRack dSnakeProduct #21994 | SKU AH-AB-168 |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- 16 x Mic Preamps with Phantom Power
- 8 x XLR Line-Level Outputs
- For GLD, Qu, ME Digital Systems
- Can Be Positioned Up to 393' from Mixer
- dSNAKE Protocol Over Cat5
The AB168 Portable Audiorack from Allen & Heath is a rugged audio interface stage box compatible with GLD and Qu digital mixing systems, and ideal for applications such as live sound and installations.
The unit features sixteen mic/line XLR inputs with pristine mic preamps and individual LED phantom power indicators, and eight XLR outputs. It connects to the mixer over a single Cat5 cable using the company's dSNAKE protocol, allowing for the inputs and outputs to be positioned at up to 393'/120m from the mixer. For larger systems, the expander port lets you daisy-chain an additional AB168 or AR2412 Audiorack, or interface with the ME personal monitor mixing system.
Made for life on the stage, this box is equipped with rubber bumpers for placing it horizontally or vertically on the floor during performances. Lightweight at just 10.6 lb, and featuring a sturdy carry handle, the AB168 is also designed for maximum convenience and portability.
The unit can also be rackmounted using an optional kit (available separately), and auto updates its firmware to synchronise with the GLD system.
- Portable solution for live sound and installations allows the inputs and outputs to be positioned at up to 393'/120m from mixer, over a single Cat5 cable
- Compatible with GLD and Qu digital mixing systems, AR2412 AudioRack, ME systems
- 16 x mic/line XLR inputs with pristine mic preamps and individual LED phantom power indicators
- 8 x XLR line outputs
- dSNAKE connection with locking EtherCon port
- Expander connection with locking EtherCon port for daisy-chaining units or connecting to ME personal monitor mixing system
- Lightweight (at 4.8 kg) with carry handle for easy transportation
- Rubber bumpers and sturdy construction for life on the stage
- Optional rackmount kit available separately
|XLR Mic/Line Inputs||Mic/Line Preamp: Balanced, fully recallable
Input Sensitivity: -60 to +15 dBu
Analogue Gain: +5 to +60 dB, 1 dB steps
Pad: -20 dB
Maximum Input Level: +32 dBu
Input Impedance: > 4 kOhms (pad out), > 10 kOhms (pad in)
|Mic/Line Channel Noise||(20 Hz to 20 kHz, direct out at unbalanced out)
Mic EIN: -127 dB with 150 Ohms source
Unity Gain, Pad In: -90 dBu
Low Gain, 5 dB, Pad Out: -93 dBu
Mid Gain, 30 dB, Pad Out: -89 dBu
|Mic/Line Channel THD+N||(20 Hz to 20 kHz, direct out at unbalanced out)
Unity Gain, Pad In: 0.005%, -86 dBu at 1 kHz, 0 dBu output
Low Gain, 5 dB, Pad Out: 0.003%, -89 dBu at 1 kHz, 0 dBu output
Mid Gain, 30 dB, Pad Out: 0.004%, -88 dBu at 1 kHz, 0 dBu output
|XLR Outputs||(Balanced, relay-protected)
Output Impedance: < 75 Ohms
Nominal Output: +4 dBu = 0 dB metre reading
Maximum Output Level: +22 dBu
Residual Output Noise: -91 dBu (muted, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
|Compatibility||GLD, Qu digital mixing systems
|Ports||1 x dSNAKE port for CAT5 cable link to mixer or AR2412 rack
1 x Expander port for CAT5 cable link to connect additional AB168 rack
|Power||100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 20 W maximum|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 35° C|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||41.1 x 15.4 x 18.9 cm|
In The Box
- Allen & Heath AB168 Portable AudioRack dSnake
- IEC Power Cord