Blackmagic Design Audio MonitorProduct #12468 | SKU HDL-AUDMON1RU
- 2 x Channel AES/EBU Digital Audio Input
- L/R Balanced & Unbalanced Analogue Input
- 2 x 27-Segment LED VU Metres
- Front Panel Illuminated Keypad
- Front Panel 1/4" Headphone Jack
The Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor provides 2-channel audio monitoring of AES/EBU digital audio, audio embedded in SDI and analogue audio. Designed to provide you with peace of mind, the unit provides high-quality audio monitoring of signals from decks, video servers, and live transmissions. You can use the unit to cheque audio levels as you work on your project. Up front and big on the unit's front panel are two 27-segment LED VU metres that provide you with a bright, visual representation of the audio levels from -45 to +3 decibels, and two built-in, full-range stereo speakers provide clear audio. Control of the unit is by a front panel illuminated keypad that allows you to select input sources to monitor. A 2.1" LCD screen for viewing input video (up to 4K), and a headphone jack and headphone volume control for when the listening environment is too intrusive
Supporting video resolutions up to Ultra HD, the audio monitor allows you to monitor the embedded audio as separate stereo pairs, before passing the signal out through either the SDI loop through port with 16-channel embedded audio or the HDMI 4K connector with embedded 2-channel audio. The rugged aluminium case features a card slot for an available Dolby Decoder card, allowing you an easy upgrade path. The 1RU-sized unit comes with a class A/B amplifier for a balance between high fidelity and power efficiency, dual subwoofer design with extra wide range speakers allow you to sit back and hear the audio. Rackmount ears are built-in for use in a post facility or mounting in a production case.
- The Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor supports audio from a variety of sources, AES/EBU digital audio, balanced and unbalanced analogue audio, as well as audio embedded in the SDI stream. You can monitor 2 channels of audio at a time, and even select stereo pairs from the 16 channels in the SDI signal.
- SDI loop through supports 16-channel embedded audio, and the unit outputs 2 channels of embedded audio in the HDMI output stream.
Front Panel Control and Features
- The 2-channel audio metres are selectable between VU and PPM, and show a range of -45 to +3 dB in 27 steps. The audio level metre brightness is adjustable so the metres are easy to read in either bright or dark environments.
- An illuminated keypad on the front panel, allows you to select audio inputs, isolate left and right audio channels, mute, and select audio channels to monitor from within the SDI stream.
- The scroll wheel works as a volume control knob.
- Two full-range speakers and two subwoofers combine to provide audio that is rich in low frequency and provides sharpness in mid and high ranges.
- When you are working with SDI video input you can use the Blackmagic Audio Monitor to convert from SDI to HDMI for monitoring with big screen televisions or video projectors. The unit automatically switches between SD, HD, and even Ultra HD 4K. You can monitor in high resolution Ultra HD 4K using the HDMI 4K output with only a single HDMI cable or you can connect a regular HDTV and use the unit's built-in Ultra HD 4K to HD down conversion.
- You can also monitor video on the built-in 2.1" LCD panel, which displays video format, audio type, audio channels and volume level.
- The Audio Monitor features an internal dedicated Dolby slot so you can add an available Dolby decoder module. The Dolby decoder supports Dolby Digital and AC-3 decoding for 5.1 surround sound monitoring from either the 6G-SDI video input or the AES/EBU audio input
- The 1RU height of the Audio Monitor makes it ideal for use in either a post production rack system, location production case, or control or mixing room. The built-in rack mount ears make for hassle free mounting into available standard rack systems.
- The Audio Monitor features an internal power supply, and runs off of 110-240 V AC at 50/60 Hz.
|Digital Audio Input (AES/EBU)||2 x Channels balanced 110Ω via XLR|
|Analogue Audio Input||2 x Balanced line level 3 pin XLR
2 x Unbalanced analogue line level RCA jacks
|SDI Audio Input||16 x Channels embedded audio in SD/HD/UltraHD 4k|
|Analogue Audio Output||1 x 1/4" TRS headphone jack|
|Digital Audio Output||16 x Channels embedded audio loop out
2 x Channels embedded in SD/HD/UltraHD 4k
|Audio Level Metering|
|Metering Range||-45 to +3 dB|
|Audio Sampling||96 kHz, 24-bit|
|SDI Input||1 x 10-bit SD/HD/UltraHD 4K
3G-SDI single link, 4:2:2/4:4:4
6G-SDI single link 4:2:2/4:4:4
|SDI Video Loop||1 x 10-bit SD/HD/3G-SDI and 6G-SDI switchable|
|HDMI Output||1 x HDMI type A connector|
NTSC: 525/29.97, 525/23.98
2048 x 1556PsF 25/24/23.98
2048 x 1080PsF 25/24/23.98
2048 x 1080p 25/24/23.98
3840 x 2160p 30/29.97/25/24/23.98
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 372M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.|
|Resolution (Pixel)||320 x 240|
|Interface / Ports|
|USB 2.0||1 x USB Type B for internal software upgrade|
OS X 10.7 Lion or later
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
Windows 7 32/64 bit
Windows 8 32/64 bit
110-240V AC, 50/60 Hz
90-264 V AC
Less than 20 Watts
Note: IEC power cord is required and NOT included
0 to 40°C
-20 to 45°C
|Humidity (Relative)||0 to 90% non-condensing|
|Dimensions (H x W)||44 x 482 mm|