(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Genelec 8340A 300W 6.5" Active 2-Way DSP Monitor Speaker (Dark Gray)Product #36073 | SKU 8340APM |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- Compact design
- Optimised bass reflex port
- 165 mm woofer
- 19 mm metal dome
- 300W total output power
The dark gray 8340A 300W 165 mm Active 2-Way DSP Monitor Speaker from Genelec is an advanced 2-way monitor speaker suitable for use in professional studios. The speaker has a Minimum Diffraction Enclosure that houses a 165 mm woofer and a 19 mm tweeter. A Directivity Control Waveguide works with the MDE enclosure to provide a flat frequency response, excellent imaging precision, and minimal listening fatigue. A flow-optimised bass-reflex port provides solid low frequency response without compression, distortion, or port noise. The bi-amplified design provides 300W of total output power for a strong, clear performance with exceptionally low distortion.
The speaker features DSP crossover filters, magnetic shielding, and overload protection circuitry for smooth, reliable operation. Genelec Loudspeaker Manager software (sold separately) allows you to manage all of the speaker functions easily, such as level adjustment, distance delays, room AEQ, and more. The speaker has both analogue and digital inputs, plus a digital through connector for flexibility. The included Iso-Pod base decouples the speaker from its mounting surface to eliminate colouration caused by vibrations and reflections. The speaker also has integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, plus an M10 threaded mounting hole on the base.
- Compact design is suitable for limited-space environments such as music studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV, and outside broadcasting
- Rounded edges of the Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) work with the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) to provide a flat frequency response, imaging precision, and minimum listening fatigue
- Optimised bass reflex port provides clear and articulated bass without compression, distortion, or port noise
- 165 mm woofer and 19 mm metal dome tweeter provide accurate sound reproduction with a wide frequency response
- Bi-amplified design provides 300W of total output power for a strong, clear performance. The amplifiers have low distortion, thanks to the extremely steep crossover roll-off characteristics
- DSP crossover filters, magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry, and versatile room response controls are provided for smooth, reliable operation
- Analogue and digital inputs provide flexibility and compatibility with a variety of audio systems and devices. A digital through connector is also provided
- Included Iso-Pod base decouples the speaker from its mounting surface to eliminate colouration caused by vibrations and reflections. It also allows you to angle the speaker for optimised listening
- Integrated rear support points allow convenient mounting on various floor and wall stands, while an M10 threaded mounting hold on the base provides additional mounting options
|Low Frequency Driver||165 mm woofer|
|High Frequency Driver||19.1 mm metal dome tweeter|
|Amplifier||Woofer 150 W
Tweeter 150 W (All Class D)
|Frequency Range||38 Hz to 28 kHz (-6 dB)|
|Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)||110 dB|
|Connectors||1 x XLR analogue input
1 x XLR AES/EBU digital input
1 x XLR AES/EBU digital output
2 x RJ45 control network
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||365 x 237 x 223 mm with Iso-Pod|
In The Box
- Genelec 8340A 300W 6.5" Active 2-Way DSP Monitor Speaker (Dark Gray)
- Iso-Pod Stand