Neumann TLM-102 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone (Black)
- Auray SSM-NMN Suspension Shockmount for Neumann Microphones.
- Large Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone.
- Handles up to 144dB SPL
- Elastically Suspended Capsule
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #31085
- SKU: 008627
The Neumann TLM-102 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone (Black) is a large diaphragm condenser microphone operating in a cardioid polar pattern. It has the ability to withstand very high sound pressure levels.
The capsule, with its high SPL rating, permits the recording of percussion, drums, amplifiers, and other very loud sound sources. The microphone is equally capable when recording lower volume sounds due to its very fast transient response. However, its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech.
A slight boost above 6 kHz provides great vocal presence, while below 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear for minimal colouration and a clearly defined bass range. The capsule has an elastic suspension for minimising structure-borne noise, while an integrated pop screen in the grille aids in suppressing plosives in vocal and speech recording.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic.
- Pressure gradient transducer.
- Compact, smaller-scale body.
- Very high maximum sound pressure level (SPL)
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz.
- Transformerless circuitry.
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||73 dB CCIR
82 dB A-Weighted
|Equivalent Noise Level||21 dB CCIR
12 dB A-Weighted
|Maximum SPL||144 dB SPL|
|Load Impedance||1000 Ohms|
|Sensitivity||11 mV/Pa at 1 kHz into 1 kOhms|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||3.5 µA|
|Operating Voltage||48 V ± 4 V|