Professional, fast-aperture super telephoto lens, now enhanced with Nikon VR II image stabilization and featuring Nano Crystal Coat, is an ideal choice for sports photography, live performance shooting, wildlife and more.
- VR II Vibration Reduction
- 3 ED Elements
- Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor
- Multi-Coated Lens Elements
Fast-aperture f/2.8 NIKKOR Super Telephoto:
- This wide aperture yields professional telephoto performance and is optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness for both FX- and DX-format Nikon DSLRs-perfect for action and sports photojournalism, wildlife photography and more.
Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization:
- Vibration Reduction is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens. VR II enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat:
- Nikon's exclusive Nano Crystal coating further reduces ghosting and internal flare for even greater image clarity.
Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements:
- With three ED elements, this lens offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures.
Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM):
- The Nikon SWM delivers fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing.
Three Focus Modes:
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing autofocus (AF) control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC):
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
AF Memory Recall:
- AF memory recall allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus.
- This lens has enhanced dust and moisture resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
Close Focusing to 7.2' (2.2 m):
- Focus to 7.2' (2.2 m) in manual focus or 7.5' (2.3 m) in autofocus, enabling striking image perspectives.
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm:
- The rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G VR II ED is compatible with the following Nikon DSLR Cameras:
- D1 Series, D2 Series, D40 Series, D50, D60, D70 Series, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300S, DX3, D3S, D700, D3000, D5000
- Pronea 600i, Pronea S Series
- Nikon F5, F100, F80, F75, F65, F60, F55, F50, F-401
- F4, F90 Series, F70, F801 Series, F601M (P and S modes only)
- G-Type NIKKOR lenses have no aperture ring; apertures should be selected from your camera body
More information about Nikon Products and Lenses: (Link to Nikon Website)