Olympus M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens (Black)
- Product: #57042
- SKU: V314060BG000
The Olympus M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens is a large-diameter, F2.8 zoom lens with dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof construction. It possesses optical performance that exceeds that of Four Thirds High Grade series lenses. The lens is equipped with enhanced features such as the manual focus clutch mechanism and the ability to approach subjects up to only 20 cm away from the sensor at all focal distances, for macro shooting.
It is possible to achieve a closest focusing distance of 20cm from the sensor at all focal distances without switching to macro mode. At the telephoto setting, close-up shooting is possible up to 7cm from the end of the lens. Macro shooting is possible up to a maximum image magnification of 0.3x (35mm equivalent: 0.6x). Because you can approach main subjects up to 9cm from the end of the lens at the wide-angle setting, wide-angle macro shooting with an exaggerated sense of perspective is possible. This is a truly versatile lens.
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-80mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range.
- The lens construction integrates one aspherical ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical elements, one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two extra-low dispersion elements, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimise aberrations, distortion, and colour fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and colour accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof design ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth bokeh quality.
|Focal Length||12 - 40mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 24 - 80 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||84° - 30°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||20 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3.33|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 62 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||69.9 x 84 mm|