Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Pancake Lens (Black)
- Product: #57047
- SKU: V314070BG000
The Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Pancake Lens is the thinnest electronic-pancake zoom lens in the world. The thickness is less than half compared to conventional lenses (22.5mm when powered off). It also boasts high performance that meets the Zuiko quality standard and constructed with 8 elements in 7 groups (3 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens and 1 super HR lens). This multi-functional compact lens also features electronic zooming which is useful for movie recording.
The closest focusing distance is 20cm at the wide end and 25cm at the tele end. Because of that, a maximum image magnification of 0.23x (35mm equivalent maximum image magnification: 0.46x) has been achieved. It is the greatest image magnification of a standard zoom lens. The optional macro converter (MCON-P02) changes the maximum image magnification to 0.38x (35mm equivalent maximum image magnification: 0.76x). It turns the lens into a semi macro lens.
- Wide-to-portrait-length zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three aspherical elements and one S-HR (Super-High Refractive Index) element are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range. One extra-low dispersion element is featured, too, to suppress colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved colour accuracy and clarity.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Electronic Zoom control uses a linear motor to produce smooth, dramatic zooming effects to complement your video recording. Two zoom speeds are available, too, to suit various subject types and recording needs.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Pancake form-factor measures just 22.9mm thick and an Electronic Retraction feature automatically extends and retracts the lens when the camera is powered on or off.
|Focal Length||14 - 42mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28 - 84 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||29° - 75°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||20 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.35|
|Optical Design||8 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||5, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 37 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||61 x 22.9 mm|