- Product: #57040
- SKU: 174535
The Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom Lens is perfect for landscape photos and snapshots. The ultra compact form makes it easy to carry around and brings out the maximum potential of Micro Four Thirds performance. The MSC mechanism provides quick and silent autofocusing for movie and still image shooting.
The lens size has been dramatically reduced thanks to the short flange back distance of the Micro Four-Thirds format (approx. 50% shorter than that of the Four-Thirds format) as well as the retractable lens mechanism design. When compared to the Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6, its volume is 50% smaller, and mass is 60% smaller. Ultra-compact, this is a lightweight lens you have never seen before.
Comes equipped with two DSA lenses, a world first. To provide high image quality while keeping the small size, this lens features an ideal, logical lens design in which 2 DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) lenses located in the front capture the 100° wide angle and a dual aspherical lens located on the back correct aberrations.
- Wide-angle zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides an 18-36mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two Dual Super Aspherical elements, along with one high refractive index element and an aspherical element, reduce spherical aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range for improved sharpness with minimal distortion.
- One extra-low dispersion element suppresses colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and colour accuracy.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Retractable lens design with a locking button maintains a compact profile when the lens is not in use.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality.
|Focal Length||9 - 18mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 18 - 36 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4 - 5.6
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||100° - 62°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:10|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||56.5 x 49.5 mm|